cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdk
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Add IP to Block

After updating to the latest FireFox, there is 1 outgoing IP that something continuously tries to access. McAfee blocks of course but I constantly get that message in my browser. It is identified as FireFox, but it may not be.

The IP is 178.63.45.183

The ports keep changing but the IP alway stays the same.

Question - How do I add this IP to a table so it is blocked?

I went deep into the "bowels" of wondrous McAfee, and after telling me how great it is, I cannot find a menu location where I can add IP's to block?

Thanks

2 Replies
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Add IP to Block

http://178.63.45.183.ipaddress.com/ may help you track down the app trying to open this site.

netstat -a

will tell you what apps are using what connections.

As to how to block an IP - it depends on what product you are using?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Add IP to Block

With the home product you can block an IP if you wish in the Firewall.   Open SecurityCenter, click Web & Email Protection then Firewall, then My Network Connections and add it there and use the Blocked option in the drop-down menu.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community