Message 21 of 39

RE: Fixes not working

Did you run the Norton Removal tool?
joeyc
Former Member
Message 22 of 39

Thanks for the reply.

No I had not. The McAfee download indicating it was removing existing programs. I used the Norton removal tool and then used the fix function with McAfee. I got the spinning icon, but sill no update. Tried the previous suggested fix and no go. Virtual Tech finds the out of date DAT and says it fixes it but doesn't.

I guess I will try to reinstall with Norton completely removed and see what happens.

I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks.
Peacekeeper
Message 23 of 39

Try the reinstallation after correct mcfee removal ( see my sig) and let us know the result. I have pinged the high level techs to look into this if you are not successful.
joeyc
Former Member
Message 24 of 39

Uninstalled McAfee using Add/Remove and the McAfee removal program. Reinstalled and the DAT file is now updated to 5535 from the previous 5527. I guess I will know in a day or two if it automatically updates.

Thanks for the help so far.
joeyc
Former Member
Message 25 of 39

Well I checked the McAfee website and the latest DAT is 5536. I tried a manual update and no spinning icon, so I am back where I started. This is the version I received through my provider ATT uverse if I didn't mention that earlier.

So any other suggestions are appreciated. Not sure if I should contact ATT or McAfee support.
Peacekeeper
Message 26 of 39

Neither atm dats are known to miss 1 or two sometimes where servers are a tad slow or touchy. If you miss three dats in a row repost that will prove an issue remains.
joeyc
Former Member
Message 27 of 39

Well it's been 3 updates and I'm still stuck on 5535. Tried everything as mentioned above and it never starts the update.
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 28 of 39

hi,

try to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the software:

- run MCPR removal tool
- do a search of all McAfee files/folders and remove them (including hidden ones)
- reinstall from your account

hope it helps..
joeyc
Former Member
Message 29 of 39

I've reinstalled twice already as you described.
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 30 of 39

was the DAT still stuck at 5535?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community