cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catcrya
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

please refund as i cancelled auto renewal and yet was charged for new subscription

Jump to solution

CS3457094250

purchase date 20th feb 2024

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 9

Re: please refund as i cancelled auto renewal and yet was charged for new subscription

Jump to solution

Hi @catcrya ,

We regret for the inconvenience! I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.
Thanks,
Nagesh G

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 9

Re: please refund as i cancelled auto renewal and yet was charged for new subscription

Jump to solution

Hi @catcrya ,

We regret for the inconvenience! I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.
Thanks,
Nagesh G

ETals
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem. 

Cancelled my active subscription but charged in Feb 2021 - McAfee refunded me, no problem.

Then took the money out in March 2021, then again in Feb, 2022, Feb 2023 and now Feb 2024 (this time £109.99)

I have spoken twice on the phone to customer support who are polite but no help. I have messaged on facebook, sent a direct message twice, filled in an online form with full details, to then be shown a screen saying customer service is not available. 

I have a log number for my issue.  They say they can see I am correct, I have no active subscription and havent since Feb 2021, but they cannot see the payments. 

Currently waiting for a manager to call back within the hour (that was 27 hours ago).  I am owed in total £389.96 including the £109.99 taken this year. 

Help!!!!!

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi, @ETals 

For this you have to talk to the billing department or sales team of McAfee via phone call. You can ask for the toll free number via McAfee chat support as per your region.

If your annual subscription has been automatically renewed, McAfee provides you a full refund if your request is made within 60 days of being charged.

Who is not eligible

Monthly subscribers. Individual customers who cancel their monthly membership will no longer be charged in the next month of their subscription.

Here is the McAfee blog that answers to your query-

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?articleId=TS102153&page=shell&shell=article-view

When the concerned team of McAfee assures you that refund has been initiated then you will get the refund in 5 to 7 business days. But please make sure to note down the reference number for future reference related to this matter which is to be provided by the McAfee team itself.

Also, if your query or issue is resolved feel free to mark my answer as accepted as a solution or to accept this reply of mine as solution. But first contact the chat support by the link-

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?page=shell&shell=contact-support

Ask the customer support via chat to provide for the toll free number of McAfee of your region or country.

I also request you to specifically ask the billing team or sales team to delete your saved card details so that you won't be charged automatically.

ETals
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. 

I have tried to contact customer support, but the page where I put all my details just doesn't submit.

I spoke twice on the phone yesterday (at length) to McAfee customer service, so I don't know why they couldn't resolve this.

Can anyone help me with the phone number for the billing dept or sales team for my area? I log into the site, click on everything I can which I think might connect me with someone, and it fails. I am seriously almost in tears.  I've been trying for 2 days.  I can't afford to not have over £100 hanging around elsewhere. 

I live in the UK.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

@krishna55 @Edward_Franso @CraigSchmugar @GaneshR Please look into the matter and arrange a callback from the sales team or billing team of U.K. 

Try calling on that number of UK toll free number of McAfee. Ask them to connect you to the sales team. Also I am certain that you have to wait for more than 1 or even 2 hours for the call to get connected as due to high frequency. But once it gets connected they may be able to resolve the same. You can also ask the chat support team to give you can callback and they get you connected with the sales team. Here also the waiting time will be lengthy. So have patience.

For the matter that your details are not been able to submitted might have issues with your internet or wifi connection. Try using high speed internet connection to connect with the support team. Also may I know when your auto renewal got charged. If it happened recently then you have 60 days time. So don't get worried much. I have tagged here the mods they will help you with your concern. They will message you personally to get your details and the concerned team may contact you soon. Rest assured I will keep checking this matter and request the mods and McAfee employees to handle this matter at priority. @ETals 

Tags (1)
Edward_Franso
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @ETals 

Greetings from McAfee.

We're sorry to inform you that we don't have an option to initiate refund through the community, so we recommend that you contact our consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Alternatively, you can always contact our helpline number 24/7 United Kingdom  0800 028 7581.

Regards,

Edward Franso

ETals
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

I have called the number twice and spoken with people each time.

They say as they cannot see the payment they cannot do anything. They suggested I speak to a manager and one could call me back in one hour.

I have never received a call back from the manager.

They agree I have no active subscriptions against my email address. They cannot however see any payments coming out against my email address.  

There is obviously an issue somewhere as the money has clearly come out of my account.  I don't want to call them a third time and be on the phone for almost an hour again, only to be told the same thing. 

I need someone to help me, by telling me what needs to happen for me to get my money back.

I have been in tears over this, as I cannot afford over a £100 being taken from my bank. 

I really appreciate everyone trying to help, but calling customer support has not helped me at all, and I just want someone to be able to refund me.  McAfee have (for the 4th year in a row) taken money from my account, and I am having to spend time, and its creating so much stress, just trying to get my own money back off them.  I am honestly so fed up 😞

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

@ETals I cannot imagine what you are going through. But since McAfee emplyees told you that they found no payment linked to your McAfee account. I suggest you to contact your bank and block the card anf then ask for a new card. After that if you wish then you may ask McAfee teams to delete your account so that you won't be charged as you don't have any McAfee account. Choice is yours I guess blocking and using a new card is wise option. I don't know why it took so long for 3 payments to be charged as automatic renewal then you become aware of this situation. McAfee complies with GDPR and they can help you get rid of your McAfee account. But card blocking is essential and using a new card would be thr most desirable thing that you can do. Have you did'nt got any emails after AR confirming the payment? Just asking.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community