Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George321
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Windows 7 and latest version of McAfee/ received e-mail

Jump to solution

Hi Folks, 

I received an e-mail from McAfee saying that I needed to update my version of McAfee Live safe to the latest version by May 30.

We are older people and have Windows 7.   My live safe is Version 16.0  Release name 16.0 R31

If we can't update to Windows 10, will McAfee Live Safe still work?  I did not understand the page on the McAfee website about this.

Can someone that knows the definitive answer please tell me what to do.    I just  re subscribed for 2 years for $116 dollars.

Thanks for information

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 11

Re: Windows 7 and latest version of McAfee/ received e-mail

Jump to solution

So what version installed that email above implies 31. #2 will not install on win 7 but 31 will get virus updates not bug fixes or feature updates.

I think that is what is meant does it scan?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

Yes. I think McAfee has sent the email since windows 7 is no longer supported by Windows and it can be vulnerable to malwares. It's good to upgrade to windows 10 and McAfee works like a charm 

George321
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Please, I need a definitive answer, not an opinion.

I have received a second e-mail from McAfee telling me to disregard the first e-mail, making this even more confusing.

QUESTION:  Is McAfee Live Safe rendered useless on Windows 7.   This screenshot says it will still work, and I have to update manually on Windows 7 . Is this correct?   Is there anyone from McAfee on this forum?

Thanks to anyone from McAfee for a definitive answer.

McAfee.jpgafter May 30, 2021, as stated in the e-mail from McAfee,  which statement was then withdrawn in the second e-mail.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

Best I ping a mod to comment

@Madhan  Can you please assist this user with His query re windows 7

George321
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

I guess I will have to call McAfee to get a definitive answer to this.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Ty another mod

@Allwyn_GI  you around to asist

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Yes, the email you received is from McAfee and the newer version of McAfee is not supported on Windows 7 as Windows also stopped providing updates to Windows 7 and it has become EOL. So, we request you to upgrade you windows to Windows 10 or 8.1 so that you can start using newer version of McAfee with all the new updates.

Regards,

Allwyn I

George321
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

You have just re-read the e-mail to me. The e-mail that I did not understand.

I can't update beyond Windows 7.

Does this mean that if I manually update Live Safe every time before I go on the internet that I will not be protected?  Live Safe is saying "Updates successfully installed". Every time I do this, and also dashboard is saying I am protected (firewall, live-scanning etc)

Am I protected or not?

I just spent $116 dollars for Live Safe a week ago.

Should I get a refund???

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

So what version installed that email above implies 31. #2 will not install on win 7 but 31 will get virus updates not bug fixes or feature updates.

I think that is what is meant does it scan?

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi @George321  @Peacekeeper 

The latest version of McAfee (R32 , R33 will not be compatible on windows 7 machine. By reinstalling the McAfee App will also be the same version R31 which is limited to Win 7. The App will get virus definition updates but not bug fixes or feature updates. 

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community