cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jconnell83
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

VPN not working

When I try and turn on McAfee VPN it immediately turns off?  Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

6 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: VPN not working

Hi @jconnell83 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused,  We are aware of this issue and our engineering team is working on it for a fix. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive an update from them.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

jconnell83
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the response.

BTAdmin1
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

My McAfee vpn is doing the same thing as jconnell83 described.  I'm running Windows 8.1 with McAfee LiveSafe, and the vpn was working fine after the last Windows update, so I suspect that a McAfee update since is the culprit.  Another clue is that when I manually checked for updates in LiveSafe earlier today, the update downloads and installs then says the "Next check for updates will be Thursday, August 12th, 2021 05:07 AM" - early this morning!  Is there a calendar synch issue here?  I paid for the vpn feature with LiveSafe, and I will not be renewing LiveSafe again if it is not fixed soon.

Mr-G
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I would like an update to this problem, currently the subscription I have paid for is not delivering, I would like to understand what action has been taken as this is now a lot of days its not working, also what compensation will be awarded to your 'customers'. I'm sure consumer rights would be interested in this violation so I , and we, would appreciate an immediate response, or refund of my subscription.

the response ... 'our technicians are working on it' is not acceptable. you are selling a product that is not fit for purpose and I would like to know what you are doing to resolve it.

DoggoDoggies
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Any update on the issues?  I thought this would have been resolved by now or at the very least someone would have provided an update.  I'm not happy with the way this is being handled. If this keeps up I will have to rethink my yearly subscription with Mcafee, paying for a service that I'm not getting is a hard NO for me. 

MohammadAliDraz
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Well it has been almost 11 months for me are you going to do something ??

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community