Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KryoVax
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

Same here - I want my money back.

Jump to solution

I want my money back, please provide an AUSTRALIAN contact number. McAfee took a big chunk of my savings for a plan I no longer needed and without notice and there's no way to contact you without some runaround.

Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KryoVax
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

Re: Same here - I want my money back.

Jump to solution

*** Problem Solved ***

I bleated, screamed and screeched though 'support loops', contact numbers that rang-out (for over 24hrs) and useless bots until I stumbled upon a very helpful McAfee employee (via another chat) who went out of their way to have a support person actually call me - and they did. McAfee support called and after 15-20 minutes navigating the BS upsell, supersize, uber protection spiel, the very polite lady refunded my money. I did purchase the product I wanted and promptly turned-off auto-renew.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EWS_Fsociety
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello,

Only support can help you.

Have you tried contacting support via chat?

https://www.mcafee.com/support/

Regards,

EWS

KryoVax
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. The support link only takes me to a phone number that rings-out or says there's congestion (for the last 12 hours). Using 'chat' just keeps regurgitating the same useless information.

EWS_Fsociety
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to read this. Unfortunately, not being a McAfee employee, I can't do anything more than suggest you wait for customer support to pass through the post.

Maybee Here ? :

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?page=shell&shell=contact-support

Regards,

EWS.

KryoVax
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

*** Problem Solved ***

I bleated, screamed and screeched though 'support loops', contact numbers that rang-out (for over 24hrs) and useless bots until I stumbled upon a very helpful McAfee employee (via another chat) who went out of their way to have a support person actually call me - and they did. McAfee support called and after 15-20 minutes navigating the BS upsell, supersize, uber protection spiel, the very polite lady refunded my money. I did purchase the product I wanted and promptly turned-off auto-renew.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community