Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tannz
Contributor II
Message 1 of 38

Need Help with auto renewal - refund

Jump to solution
  1. What do I do if I have been Auto Renewed?
  2. Whom shall i contact to get refund?
  3. How can i stop Auto renewal from happening again in future?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 38

Re: Need Help with auto renewal

Jump to solution

Hi @tannz,

Greetings from McAfee,

We would like to inform you that Auto-Renewal happens to the Subscription wherein you have enabled this feature. This is to ensure that McAfee security software does not expires putting your PC into risk.
However, Subscriptions that are renewed automatically are 100% eligible for a full Refund within 30 days (For 1,1+ Year trial Subscriptions grace period is 60 days) from date of Auto-Renewal.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to initiate refund through forums or through e-mail communications. Kindly reach out to our customer support on +91866-622-3911. Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Also, to stop Auto renewal from happening again in future, you can reach out to our customer support and request to disable Auto Renewal feature and remove Credit Card information from our Database if required. 

Other way, If you are comfortable doing this by yourselves, then requesting you to visit https://home.mcafee.com and login using your McAfee credentials. Once logged in click on Down arrow next to MyAccount at the top right of the screen. You will find options to Edit your Billing details and switch for Auto-Renewal feature.

Regards,
Smita

View solution in original post

37 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 38

Jump to solution

Hi @tannz,

Greetings from McAfee,

We would like to inform you that Auto-Renewal happens to the Subscription wherein you have enabled this feature. This is to ensure that McAfee security software does not expires putting your PC into risk.
However, Subscriptions that are renewed automatically are 100% eligible for a full Refund within 30 days (For 1,1+ Year trial Subscriptions grace period is 60 days) from date of Auto-Renewal.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to initiate refund through forums or through e-mail communications. Kindly reach out to our customer support on +91866-622-3911. Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Also, to stop Auto renewal from happening again in future, you can reach out to our customer support and request to disable Auto Renewal feature and remove Credit Card information from our Database if required. 

Other way, If you are comfortable doing this by yourselves, then requesting you to visit https://home.mcafee.com and login using your McAfee credentials. Once logged in click on Down arrow next to MyAccount at the top right of the screen. You will find options to Edit your Billing details and switch for Auto-Renewal feature.

Regards,
Smita

Steve7234
Contributor
Message 3 of 38

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have just had my subscription auto-renewed 1 month before the end of my subscription. I have been online and chatted with your Bot, I have tried ringing your Customer Support, and all to no avail.

Furthermore, I have cancelled the auto-renewal, but I cannot find the refund button or anything that directs me to the actual part that allows me to do this. All I seem to do is go round in circles.

I would like a full refund please, but please don't tell me to follow the following instructions:

Follow these steps to get a refund:

1. Login to McAfee using your registered McAfee credentials
  2. Select Account > Subscriptions
  3. Select the product and click on ‘Cancel / Refund’ and follow the on-screen instructions.    As All this does is take me to a screen which shows me my subscription.
Steve7234
Contributor
Message 4 of 38

Jump to solution

Is there anybody there?

I have spent most of the day getting bounced around on the system, phones and Bots.

No answer to my question: I wish to request a refund due to auto-renewal going in a month early and taking £95.99 from me.

I am not impressed by the non-existent customer service so far.

I am really looking forward to your earliest reply.

Waiting in hope,

Steve.

Elena4567845
Contributor
Message 5 of 38

Jump to solution
Hello! I want a refund. I cant call you. If you can, call me back. Give me an email adress to send you my number.
steve_extra
Contributor
Message 6 of 38

Re: Need Help with auto renewal - refund

Jump to solution

Just a bit of advice - even though you may have missed the Auto-renew deadline McAfee will not honour your requests anyway.  I assisted an elderly relative who was concerned about Total Protection subscription coming up in September, with renewal date exactly a month previous - we double and triple checked that the subscription was set to expire in September and that auto-renewal was "OFF" - regardless the company ignored all that and just removed £110 from her account today.  When she logs in again she can reconfirm that auto-renewal is off - but they have changed the expiry date by a year.  I know others who have had the same issue with McAfee failing to honour contract termination.

I can only conclude that sadly McAfee will keep removing money from your account regardless of what you request for them to do - I expect they sit secure knowing you are unlikely to have the funds or time to take legal action against them - and exploiting the elderly to the full.  All very sad.  NB - I have screen grabs to prove all of the above, but I know will count for nothing again a big business legal team.

kaligav
Contributor
Message 7 of 38

Jump to solution

i tried calling to the number for greek support .it wasnt a valid number

VOB
Contributor
Message 8 of 38

Re: Need Help with auto renewal - refund

Jump to solution

Hi 

I am looking for refund that was taken on auto renew which i had not given permission for

Tvas
Contributor
Message 9 of 38

Jump to solution

Dear McAfee I request a refund on all products from your company in this PC immediately. 
I require no further assistance from McAfee.

thank you

Anthony Vasyli

Lingals
Contributor II
Message 10 of 38

Jump to solution

Hi Smita,

1. The number to dial does not exist.
  2. The support line to chat, does not work. You will be stuck in an infinity loop of things going nowhere and endless login screens.

I have been auto renewed as a result of dark UX practices in Mcafee and as a result I will not be using the supplier any longer. Please could you supply actual steps to follow whereby I can get a refund withing the allotted 30 days as soon as possible.

Thank you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community