Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 101 of 110

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution
I shall once again download and install McAfee. Assuming it is finally fixed, can we expect our paid subscriptions to be extended by a couple of months? Bear in mind that not only was this problem reported well over a month ago but it made our computers unusable.
kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 102 of 110

Jump to solution
This thread is about module core service. Please stop confusing things. It's hard enough getting any help from McAfee as it is.
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 103 of 110

Jump to solution

@YuriyOkwrote:

Dear selvan (Moderator)!

On the disappearance of which problem is it: MMSSHOST.exe or Module Core Service?

Module Core Service using up resources.

Komposten
Contributor II
Message 104 of 110

Jump to solution

I have not experienced any problems for a while now. I have CA Engine 1.1.129, so I assume that the fix in 1.1.126 solved the issue. I have marked @selvan's post as the solution.

enzokk
Contributor II
Message 105 of 110

Jump to solution

I have also not had any problems lately for more than a week. Hopefully the issue has been fixed and hope everyone else's problems has resolved as well.

SelwynNZ
Contributor
Message 106 of 110

Jump to solution

/*! $FileVersion=1.1.129 */ var engine_fileVersion = "1.1.129";

My problem is the McAfee Management Service Host using all available CPU time, typically over 90%

Is there a solution for this yet as it has been doing this all week!

Komposten
Contributor II
Message 107 of 110

Jump to solution

@SelwynNZ This thread is about Module Core Service. For Management Service Host see https://community.mcafee.com/t5/LiveSafe/McAfee-Management-Service-host-VERY-HIGH-CPU-USAGE/td-p/519...

pijuan
Contributor
Message 108 of 110

Jump to solution

I have $FileVersion=1.1.133 */ var engine_fileVersion = "1.1.133"; and still have the problem. Any suggestions?

Ravi1
Contributor II
Message 109 of 110

Jump to solution

It did not resolve anything. I am facing same issue today. Nothing is helping. 😞 

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 110 of 110

Jump to solution

Locking thread as the problem with OP is now resolved and to avoid confusions with similar issue where "Management Host process" consumes resources.

Anyone facing problem with McAfee Module core service using up high CPU/RAM please start a new thread citing this discussion.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community