Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tang18
Contributor II
Message 11 of 110

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution

Same problem here! My computer is completly USELESS right now. MacAfee Module Core Service started to use 1.256,1 MB! Memory usage is 70%! I can't WORK. I demand a solution as soon as possible, otherwise I will uninstall.

Tang18
Contributor II
Message 12 of 110

Jump to solution

Guys, I just fixed the problem.

1 - On McAfee Turn off the auto scan and the firewall;

2 - Search for updates (I just updated the McAfee yesterday, but today another update was downloaded and installed (it took some time in me Notebook ~30 min).

3 - Restart your computer.

Apparently the problem was solved.

kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 13 of 110

Jump to solution

kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 14 of 110

Jump to solution

I doubt that will work because complete removal, download and reinstallation doesn't fix it. Works fine once you remove your expensive Mcafeee virus protection tho

anuragagrawal33
Contributor
Message 15 of 110

"McAfee Module Core Service" having High CPU & RAM Usage

Jump to solution

For almost a week, I'm noticing that the McAfee Core Module Service is using too much resources. My computer has a Core i5 4670 Processor and RAM is 16 GB. Where the McAfee Core Module Service is using about 60% CPU and about 10 GB of RAM. Which is why the rest of the services are not working properly and windows UI is also lagging.

Please provide a Patch or Fix ASAP.

jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 16 of 110

Jump to solution

I have experienced the same problem. I followed your instructions, after it was installed and reseting, although just after the restart the problem didn´t seem solved, after a while (couple of minutes) I have checked again and now the memory consumed by the Module Core Service has gone down to about 37MB when before it was going up to 6.000-9.000MB. Hope this means it's fully solved... Thanx

marshach
Contributor
Message 17 of 110

Jump to solution

Same problem. Ridiculously high CPU and memory usage making my PC almost unusable.  I have the AT&T Security Suite version of their product on freshly installed Windows 10.  Junk.  I'm uninstalling it now. Users shouldn't have to go through this.  McAfee's motto should be, "We protect your PC by making it unusable."

predi1105
Contributor
Message 18 of 110

Jump to solution

The same.

SteveMcAfee
Contributor
Message 19 of 110

Jump to solution

This fix didn't work for me.

SteveMcAfee
Contributor
Message 20 of 110

Jump to solution

Hi Farhan,

I am having the same problem described in this thread, and am willing to let you access my machine so that you can collect the needed data.

Steve

Tags (1)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community