cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smus
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

I paid for the subscription, it is not activated (SR #1-158093921)

Hello, I am writing because my issue number 1-157392381 hasn’t been resolved yet. I contacted the support team numerous times, but they can't solve the problem.

I have an active Total Protection subscription, the monthly fee was in August (08/21/23), but it is not available on my IOS app. The subscription is active when I log into my account from the PC. However, SafeConnect on Windows detects only a free version of itself. I've been using a Premium subscription for a few years now. I pay on a monthly basis through AppStore, it worked on time and pretty well up until recently.

They promised to contact me from a billing/account/subscription team, but they didn't. Today they contacted me through the phone call, but then they stopped responding in the middle of the phone call.

It is also active on my Subscriptions section on iPhone settings. I’ve already sent you screenshots earlier. I attached it here as well. I also attached the screenshots of my communication with your colleague, Yogesh Kumar, through the live chat.

6 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 7

Re: I paid for the subscription, it is not activated (SR #1-158093921)

Hi @smus 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

smus
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: I paid for the subscription; it is not activated (SR #1-158093921)

Hello, thanks, I saw your private message. I talked over the phone, you hang up, the issue is not yet resolved. I have a regular monthly fee through the AppStore on 20th each month, I already got charged twice. The subscription is active on the website, but it is not activated on my mobile phone. I tried pushing the 'restore purchase' button, but it's not restoring. 

I also contacted the McAfee support via the live chat, but the managers couldn't solve the issue. Can you redirect it to some advanced staff tech support, like back office or something?

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 7

Hi @smus 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

smus
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I've already sent you my number and email address. That's not the solution to the problem. The fact that you hang up the phone and don't call back is very impolite in itself. You don't have to send me private messages only to ask me to provide you with the mobile phone and email that you already know, I attached the screenshot of your message.

Can you solve the issue please? It's quite simple. You just need to activate the product; I've already provided you with all the required information. 

Venkat_YM
Message 6 of 7

Hi @smus ,

Greetings from McAfee.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

This specific issue has to be reported to the concern team as a community moderator, we can help you to take your concern to the respective team. However, the same issue which has been reported its a known issue and got fixed in the latest version 7.6. If the McAfee security on your device installed with the latest version and issue persist then, we have to take up this issue to the concern team again. For this, we require set of logs, device details and McAfee version details. So, in order to get this information, we have requested for callback details. Yes, we have your phone number, could you please provide the best time to reach you. So, we can make an arrangement for callback from the respective support team. Please send the details in the private message. Hope this information would helpful for you.

Regards,
Venkat

smus
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thank you, Venkat! I'll try sending you those details asap. 

Please also keep me posted if something comes up.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community