cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbirchy
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Complaint - McAfee Fraudulent Behaviour for Auto Renewal of Accounts

I was today notified of an automatic payment of $204.95 which is being processed.

I have logged on to the account and found the "subscription" which has conveniently automatically set up the auto annual repayment without knowledge or consent.

I have called your call centre and conveniently McAfee cannot find my account despite it being on your system for 12 months, and told to call back another time but yes, I can cancel within 30 days of the auto-renewal.

But again, I simply just can't be found on McAfee's system though to cancel and to just call back another time and go through the wait time.

Not only is there an extreme lack of consent, McAfee also sets up the account for auto renewal, charges an exorbitant amount, then won't let the user cancel the account online but rather the user must call and even then, mysteriously McAfee simply cannot find the user's account to process the refund.

This is a very well operated fraudulent system that requires government intervention immediately.

4 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complaint - McAfee Fraudulent Behaviour for Auto Renewal of Accounts

Hi @rbirchy,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the refund.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

JV79
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I agree. It’s happened to me. My “subscription” auto renewed when I have another subscription that is way less expensive than the product they renewed without my consent. I read one post relating they have turned off auto renew but macafee keeps on debiting from the card. I’m afraid they will just debit from your account even if you turn off auto renew. I don’t trust macafee anymore.

There’re so many complaints but macafee seems to get away with this. I read one post calling for class action but how? The posts I read are from all over the world.

juan73
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Me está pasando lo mismo , no contestan número, creo que la única solución será cancelar tarjeta de crédito , tal vez así ellos logran ver qué hay acto fraudulento en esto
Avicenna
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

We've had a similar problem. We cancel auto renewal on our subscription.  A few months later we received a confirmation order which we never ordered, and this order included auto renewal.  When we called McAfee to complain and get a refund, we were told that it was a "manual order" and they could not give us a refund.  When I asked for a copy of the "manual order" they couldn't  provide any documentation that related to that order.  Definitely a scam!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community