Did you mean: 
2Benek
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

WebAdvisor mimicking program.

Jump to solution

2 days ago I visited this site:

http://www.forums.ffshrine.org/

and I got  Pop-Up from McAfee WebAdvisor(there should be a screenshot attached). A week ago there were no Pop-Ups and i didn't install any McAfee software, there are also no folders or processes or anything in the Control Panel related to McAfee, so I suspect it to be a program mimicking McAfee.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staysay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Re: WebAdvisor mimicking program.

Jump to solution

Dear Benek, 

Thank you for contacting McAfee support. 

It's possible that our free program McAfee Web Advisor was installed together  with different software recently installed on your PC. 

You can disable the McAfee Web Advisor add on directly in you browser or uninstall it from Control Panel - Programs and features. 

If you need additional help, please contact us via phone/chat: 

Phone contact: 00800 441 1847 between 9.00 and 18.00 / Monday-Friday /.

Chat support: http://service.mcafee.com/ContactTechnicalSupport.aspx?lc=1045&sg=TS&pt=1  9.00 and 18.00 / Monday-Friday /.

Kind regards,

StaySay

McAfee Consumer Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

@2Benek 

This is a different extension named McAfee Secure helps to certify customers own/business websites to be safe to browse. The popup is from McAfee Secure and not from McAfee WebAdvisor. Please clear browser cookies, cache and temporary internet files completely and run Full Scan in McAfee.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
2Benek
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

The Pop-Up still appears after deleting cookies etc., I scanned the PC and it also didn't help it. The Pop-Up appears on every browser i use, so i doubt deleting anything from the browser could even help.

Staysay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Dear Benek, 

Thank you for contacting McAfee support. 

It's possible that our free program McAfee Web Advisor was installed together  with different software recently installed on your PC. 

You can disable the McAfee Web Advisor add on directly in you browser or uninstall it from Control Panel - Programs and features. 

If you need additional help, please contact us via phone/chat: 

Phone contact: 00800 441 1847 between 9.00 and 18.00 / Monday-Friday /.

Chat support: http://service.mcafee.com/ContactTechnicalSupport.aspx?lc=1045&sg=TS&pt=1  9.00 and 18.00 / Monday-Friday /.

Kind regards,

StaySay

McAfee Consumer Support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community