cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

one more firewall Question

The other day I noticed in Internet explorer that under trusted sites McAfee was listed twice and another item.I deleted them. Because personally I don't leave anything as trusted.Today I just noticed that I have trusted connections in my McAfee firewall area(connections).I did not put these in here and was wondering how they automatically appeared.Everything seemed to be working ok when it was blank.Can anyone tell me what this is for and how it could have placed itself in McAfee?Image below.                Thanks newjack

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: one more firewall Question

That's your internet connection, it has to appear there or else you would have no web access.

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Thats strange.I deleted this a while back and always had an internet connection.I am not running wireless.Do you understand why such a broad range is used?

Thanks for answering

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

I'm probably wrong that without it no internet statement, but I think it's there FYI only.  In my case it's my router's IP range.  I guess it varies from person to person.

If you click the arrow to the left it expands and explains that it reflects what's in the Network Connections folder and whether it's trusted or not.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the info Peter.I am still a bit confused though.I have an I.p. range that is listed in there.I did not put it there.I  don't have a router.But perhaps it is for my modem?Here is my confusion.Besides the fact I never entered   I.p.  range.I did what you suggested and clicked on arrow.This was listed as work as opposed to home?Also my I.p address listed in Mcafee does not fall in this range.To bring even a bit more confusion is the post I listed here awhile back about a 10. number that kept coming up in my firewall inbound.The number eventually came back as I.A.N.A Blackhole server (bootstrap protocal).Which my provider said was not theirs and to ask Mcafee.Then Mcafee suggested it was my Modem.Now none of this makes any sense to me.Any clarification would be appreciated.                              Thanks newjack

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Too technical for me, you'd have to ask Tech Support Chat.  All I know is they are put there automatically and reflect the connection, whether it be modem or router or whatever.

newjack
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

O.K thanks anyhow.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community