cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macafeetroubles
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

mcafee chromium container delegate taking up almost 90% of CPU mcafee aleartviewer frozen

chromium container delegate and aleart viewer  Solution provides by moderator Sudharanam_G! not a solution! I was told to do what a posted I did already. and I have done that to two of the machines a windows 10 and an 11.

I just need it to work not repeat some failed Easter egging.

Please I need the fire wall to work so apps only access the internet when I need to update them.

I could go on... But just fix it! its not a new problem.

Online searches reveal thst this has been around for 2 years or more. : 0 (

6 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 7

Re: mcafee chromium container delegate taking up almost 90% of CPU mcafee aleartviewer frozen

Hi @macafeetroubles 

We have sent you a private message. Please help us with the information to take it further.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Dalexop
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: mcafee chromium container delegate taking up almost 90% of CPU mcafee aleartviewer frozen

Totally Agree !

All I did was switch from my Traffic Controller from "Smart Access" tp Monitored Access and the Chromium Container Delegate  Shot to the top of my process list, hogging 25 % CPU,  4 GB of memory,  driving the OS to dip into the swap space.

Needless the say the PC was useless at that point.

I exited Chrome and everything else running, which allowed me to get into McAfee to change the setting back and reboot the PC.

Its running now however this is clearly a Bug with Google Chrome and McAfee.

The other interesting observation was when I looked into the McAfee firewall, 40 % of the Apps running are McAfee ... seems to be a very expensive proposition to keep ourselves " safe "

ticedoff8
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I have the "McAfee Chrome Container Delegate" problem too. I would have clicked on "Me Too", but I thought I add something 1st: I don't have Chrome installed - it was never installed on this Windows 10 PC.

Of course, the PC does have Edge, which is based (weirdly) on the Google Chrome code base.

And, I cannot kill the MCCD app with Task Manager. 

I also get the weird pop-up in the lower right corner of the display. It is a white rectangle with text that looks like a script fragment - like McAfee was popping up yet another sales pitch. Since I cannot add files, I can post a screen shot for anyone to see.

I'm going to turn off yet another feature of McAfee to see if that helps.

But, at some point, I guess I'll just change to some other AV that doesn't spam the screen telling what a great job it's doing.

Uber
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Having this issue today as well. Only it happens when i click on an app to update addons for my World of Warcraft. The app is CurseForge. I click the shortcut, the app opens partially as well as the white box at bottom right of screen. The app never fully loads and i close it only to have that white box still down in right corner. I open the task manager to see what it is, and its mcafee delegate running and the memory usage just keeps going up well past 90% forcing a sign out to stop the .exe from running. Restarting the pc did not stop it. I had to sign out of profile.

I dont know if this related to the me changing an option on the traffic controller of the firewall to notify me of apps loading up from Smart Access to Monitored Access.

Uber
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

couldnt edit my message before.

Just wanted to note, swapping back to Smart Access resolved the issue.

MB_CLMA
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same issue, ie. mcafee chromium container using appr 50% of my CPU. what can i do? switch it off? delete it? 

thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community