cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
algis
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

ipv4 access is lost after approximately 1 day

Have McAfee with Nov 2016 updates running and for the past year have had to reboot my Windows 7 Premium Home Edition PC every day or so to maintain ipv4 access.  IPv4 access is otherwise lost after a day or say - I can only access google sites after that point.  Recently have turned off McAfee firewall and have had continuous ipv4 access for over 5 days - suggesting this is the culprit.  An interesting aspect to this was that it would also affect print jobs going through to a LAN printer, but the job would finally print during the shutdown/reboot process.

Any ideas what steps should I take to get the firewall back on without affecting my ipv4 access?

2 Replies
algis
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: ipv4 access is lost after approximately 1 day

McAfee has now Lazarus-like started up on it's own and no will not let me turn off the firewall.  i.e. I go to the McAfee Total Protection window, turn off the firewall and it pops back on.  McAfee is now behaving more as a virus than an anti-virus.  I am now very tempted to uninstall it and replace it with an open source anti-virus package, such as Avast, AVG, Sophos etc...  Does anyone have any suggestions?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: ipv4 access is lost after approximately 1 day

Short of a Complete Uninstall/Reinstall , it would be beneficial  to Contact Support. I would also run the McAfee Virtual Technician which you can obtain from this link. Please kindly inform us of the possible reasons for your issues, for future users.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community