1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Re: intrusion detection can not be set manually

Jump to solution

You are indeed correct as Intrusion Detection is turned off by Default. This is a feature from my understanding McAfee was experimenting with on the Consumer side. I have had it turned off on my system, for the last 2 years without any loss of protection.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Successfully moved from Community Support to Personal Firewall  > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

You are indeed correct as Intrusion Detection is turned off by Default. This is a feature from my understanding McAfee was experimenting with on the Consumer side. I have had it turned off on my system, for the last 2 years without any loss of protection.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
liemxstone
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

To be clear, what I mean in this case  the version of mcaffee total protection which I have using for many years, the intrusion detection is always on by default,  there are  two options that user can be set manually, but recently  from the last two previous builds, the intrusion detection is there, but can not be change manually

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Exactly   You are correct  as there has been other changes under the hood as well, in comparison to prior builds. There is no need to be concerned though. You are still protected by 'Layers' of security. The reason it is off by default is that it would be too stringent at times and block legitimate programs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
liemxstone
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I understand that to set the

intrusion detection with "strong" option might cause fault positive, do you mean that from now on the

intrusion detection will be set as default and there will be no more change from the user point of view?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

It is my understanding that yes, for the foreseeable future that is indeed the case. However, I would never rule it out forever. I can ask on our next Conference Call to make sure.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
liemxstone
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your time , It's late for me here too, thank again!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community