cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandy1234
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

i need help please firewall blocking risky connetions

im haveing a hard time figureing this stuff out.i need some help please the past 2 days net gaurd has blocked risky connections im not sure whats going on . its blocked the connections 3 times all with diffent ip adress's . i ran a virus scan with mcafee antivirus plus and nothing was found. is someone trying to hack my computer? can someone please help me

4 Replies
thefreeman0001
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: i need help please firewall blocking risky connetions

im getting similar alerts from trusted sites and just now i had macfee pop up with the warning window "WHOA there where are you going?!" when i tried to go on bbc news!. something is screwy with mcafee since the last update it had. are you running firefox brandy?

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 5

The whoa popup I thought was Site advisor. Net guard does flag Steam servers a lot though not recently. These were different Ip addresses each time I just added them as allowed as I trusted Steam. Depends on whether these were sites you know are safe.

If it blocked them and you were not expecting them Mcafee is working as it should. I get the normal netguard popups 1-2 times a week.

To be sure run getsusp

HERE.

and see if it finds anything amiss.

thefreeman0001
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

nothing shows up in the getsusp tool peacekeeper...

im willing to write this whole thing off as a new update being a bit overzealous til it's more refined. i was affected by that xp update that marked certain essential files as malicious 😕 luckly to get my pc working after that.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Yes just monitor it and the firewall logs. I rarely now get netguard to popup a warning. Relax don't remind me of that dreaded April update

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community