Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blair1955
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

how to change firewall setting

Jump to solution

after having a virus Artemis on my Dell Laptop, Win 7 Professional I was with help on this board able to rid it from my computer. The problem was the firewall stayed shutdown. I uninstalled and reinstalld McAfee but now my printer won't work on my network it will work via USB. One error I get is dleecoms.exe. I want to enable my printer to work again on my home network but when I open the McAfee firewall to try and add my printer all buttons are grayed out. I've removed my printer via Control Panel, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my printer, changed my router settings for channel from automatic to 10 but I still can't print. I've even opened the file dleecoms.exe and the IP, MAC address match those on my printer. What else can I do?

thanks...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Re: how to change firewall setting

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now Blair1955, let's hope it stays that way.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Are you sure the infection is gone?  Try posting a Hijackthis log on one of the specilaist forums mentioned lower down the last link in my signature below.

Also are you signed in as an Admin-level user?  You need to be to change settings in SecurityCenter.

Also when you uninstalled/reinstalled, did you run ther MCPR cleanup tool (see Useful Links at the top of this page) and reboot before reinstalling?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/02/13 3:24:32 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Moved this provisionally to Personal Firewall.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

blair1955,

Check the thread HERE if the McAfee firewall stays off

Kindly post the screen shot of windows firewall

Message was edited by: karthiks on 3/1/13 1:02:35 AM CST
blair1955
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Ok guys thanks for the replies tried everything still when I clicked on firewall/settings it was grayed out but upon exit from settings the firewall would come back on. Called Tech Support on the phone. Had them remote into my lapotp. First Tech tried start/services but could not make changes. Second one had to edit the registry. So far all it's still working the virus must have done damage to the registry....thanks again for all your help....Blair

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now Blair1955, let's hope it stays that way.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Great day ahead  blair1955

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community