cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_162547
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

firewall full/outgoing with web accelerator

A question. I have the smart advice enabled but it only had firefox with outgoing and it wasn't working on all of the websites. I changed firefox to full. Now for the question. I have a web accelerator on my computer and it's also labeled as outgoing. Should I change it to full? It's been hesitating on web pages lately. I guess I don't really understand the difference between the full and outgoing status.

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: firewall full/outgoing with web accelerator

Hi S.H,

In the Program Permissions list, typically McAfee Personal Firewall will prompt you to accept or refuse an application's attempt to access the Internet. When you make your selection, a rule is created by the Firewall to enforce your choice.

If an application does not have a rule allowing it to access the Internet, your Personal Firewall will block the application to protect your computer. You can manually add applications to the Program Permissions list .

Ø  Granting Full Access will allow the application to both send and receive data.

Ø  Granting  Outbound-Only Access prevents the application from receiving data.

Ø  Block Access  prevents the application from sending or receiving data.

Ø  Delete Program Permission removes the application from the list.

Since web accelerator is a proxy server based application , it could be given Outbound only access under the firewall permission list

Hope this information gives you a better understanding about the firewall concepts.Please feel free if you have any more queries

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community