Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdelprat1
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

cisco Anyconnect ver. 3.1.04063 VPN issues with LiveSave - Internet Security

Hi,

Suddenly I have this error with my client cisco AnnyConnect ver. 3.1.04063 connecting with my computer:windows vista SP2 and later with my daughter computer also with windows 7.

With my daughter computer  I installed the cisco anyconnect the first time and I worked perfect , the second time...the same error message as my Windows Vista SP2.

Then it seems the problem is not the configuration of the computer...perhaps antivirus?

Message appeared: "Login denied. "company_name" security policies have rejected your login" and nothing else.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the client annyconect ver.3.1.04063 but not success, the same message, I think it's a problem with the antivirus LiveSAfe Internet Security because my user id with other computer colleagues runs ok and I can authenticate perfectly.

Few days ago and always I have worked without problems then I don't know what happens...perhaps an automatically update of windows vista¿?

Anyone of you with similar issue or problem?

Thanks in advance.

Jaume.-

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: cisco Anyconnect ver. 3.1.04063 VPN issues with LiveSave - Internet Security

Apart ftom making sure the VPN has full permission in Firewall settings I can't think of anything special that nneds doing.  I have a VPN I occasionally use and it configured automatically, so not muich help I'm afraid.

Maybe best to contact Technical Support by phone or online chat, it's free and linked under  Useful Links at the top of this page.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 8

Re: cisco Anyconnect ver. 3.1.04063 VPN issues with LiveSave - Internet Security

Hi jdelprat1

Kindly add Cisco Anyconnect applications to Internet connections for Programs and Give Full Access and disable NetGuard. (Open McAfee User Interface > Web and Email Protection > FireWall > Settings > Internet Connections for Programs > Add > Choose Cisco from Program Files)

Save the Settings and check to see if you are able to login without any issues..!

jdelprat1
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Hi Ex-brit,

I don't touch nothing in firewall access

Web technical support don't give me any ideas...I think it's a lower level and they don't want to investigate...I'm not happy with them..

Hi Chinthanai Selvan,

I tried to to do that you say but don't success...sorry..mmhh...

In settings Firewall -> Connecting to internet programs

I deactivated this applications and full access and after that I saved:

Cisco Scanner

Cisco Anyconnect User interface

VPN Agent Service

To be sure I reboot also the computer...but don't success neither.

Any other ideas??? Please I need this to work to my job...if these don't runs ok I will change the antivirus!!!

Thanks a lot Chinthanai Selvan and Ex-Brit.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

OK Selvan should be able to offer suggestions to help you.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

I presume you gave Full Access and Turned OFF Netguard for all the .exe applications in Cisco's Install directory (C:/Program Files/Cisco/Anyconnect.exe and other exe's in the same folder)

If you have tried above steps correctly and still issue persists check Host Intrusion settings of McAfee - Open McAfee UI > Web and Email > Firewall > Intrusion Settings > check Use Intrusion Protection > Basic > Apply.

Restart machine and check if you are able to log in.

jdelprat1
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Hi Chinthanai Selvan,

Firstly thanks a lot about your help and interest.

I did all the steeps yo suggested me:

1.- Check the permissions of full access and turn off netguard: C:/Program Files/Cisco/Anyconnect.exe and other exe's in the same folder

2.- Also I checked in host intrusions:

McAfee - Open McAfee UI > Web and Email > Firewall > Intrusion Settings > check Use Intrusion Protection > Basic > Apply.

But it was marked by default as a basic permission.

Also I rebooted the laptop but it don't works fine, always the same issue.

I'm thinking about a bug of mcafee, review this link below few time ago:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/36611

Or I'm thinking mmhh...is it possible a problem in a key register of my laptop with credentials of mcafee, is it a possibility???

It's curious, the first time it worked ok!

Thanks in advance.

jaume.-

El mensaje fue editado por: jdelprat1 on 3/07/14 8:28:21 CDT
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Hi jdelprat1,

I would suggest contact Tech Support from the below link whom will be able to assist further.

https://service.mcafee.com/ContactTechnicalSupport.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community