cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luigimetcalf
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

adding to safe list

I own a Nintendo Wii and from time to time I enjoy going online with the Wii shop channel.  Every time I do so McAfee firewall blocks my Wii and I have to temporarily disable my firewall.  Is there any way that I can add my Wii to my "safe list" so that McAfee automatically grants my Wii permission to connect to the internet without having to disable my whole firewall?

Thanks,

Luigi Metcalf

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: adding to safe list

Moved this to Personal Firewall 11 as that is what I assume you are using.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Program Permissions

Locate your Wii entry and ensure the permission is set to 'Full Access" by using the Edit button if necessary.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/11/10 2:08:10 CST PM
luigimetcalf
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your quick response.  I did what you said and found out that it already had full access.  Even though it had full access it wouldn't work and showed an error code.  I went online and the error code said that something was blocking the Wii.  I looked on my computer and it showed that the wifi usb connector was connected properly to the Wii.  I don't know what is blocking the Wii.  Do you have any other suggestoins?   Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Maybe it needs setting up in your network...see 'My Network Defense' section on the home page of SecurityCenter?

Or, another suggestion, perhaps File Sharing or something of that ilk (sorry I don't own a Wii or know anyone who does) needs to be checked on Firewall > Ports and System Services.

Other than that perhaps it would be an idea to open a case with Technical Support Chat linked under Useful Links above.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community