cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delacroix
Former Member
Message 11 of 12

Re: Windows 8 Metro Start Up Unable to Update

Ahmm is there away to disable McAfee Firewall so that it won't block the execution of Windows Firewall??

I just want to my Metro Screen to work properly

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 12

Re: Windows 8 Metro Start Up Unable to Update

Not without causuing all kinds of problems and it isn't McAfee that's preventing it.  Something must not have installed properly or you overlooked something asking permission to continue perhaps?

Whatever Metro app isn't working have you open McAfee Firewall settings to check if it has the appropriate permission?

You might want to contact Technical Support on this as they can fix whatever is wrong I am sure.

See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page - it's free by phone or online chat.

In my Windows 8 I have no issues whatsoever with the Metro screen so they should be able to troubleshoot it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community