cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebard2903
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Using Apple TV with Security Center

I just installed Security Center on my PC, and now I am no longer able to sync my Apple TV. On iTunes I get an error message "Check that any firewall software running on this computer has been set to allow communication on port 3689".

I went into Security Center and created a new System Service Rule for port 3689 but it didn't seem to work. So then I just disabled firewall protection completely in SC, but that didn't work either.

Can anyone help please?

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Using Apple TV with Security Center

Hi,
Since you mentioned disabling firewall even is not allowing you to sync your apple TV.

• In security center, Select the Web and Email Protection drawer.
  • Click the Firewall Link.
  • Select the Program Permissions drawer.
  • Scroll to the bottom and click the Add button
  • Click Browse and locate the file you want to add.
  • Click the application to highlight it and select Open.
  • Set the access type you want using the provided options in the Access drop down menu.
  • Click Save.
  • Close SecurityCenter.

Restart the computer and check the synchronisation,

Please let me know if any issues

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

sandy27215
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Using Apple TV with Security Center

Hi,

I'm having trouble with Apple TV seeing the computer too.  My Apple TV was fine for a couple years until an upgrade to McAfee seems to not let Apple TV talk to iTunes.  I've followed your instructions, but iTunes has full access through McAfee's security center.  Do I need to highlight another program?  Apple TV is not on the computer as it's a stand alone device.

Thanks

Alex

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community