cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveContris
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Total Protection Service Firewall

I am using Total Protection Service and using the online Security Center to manage several computers.

My question has to do with how to use the "Inbound Events Blocked By Firewall"

The reported events seem quite suspect as they report events being blocked on computers and devices where the firewall is not installed (like the router) as well as blocking inbound events to a computer that are shown as coming from the computer itself.

In addition there is no detail at all about what port the blocked event was trying to use.
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: Total Protection Service Firewall

Steve, now that I've realised that this isn't Total Protection home edition. There is no such thing as online Security Center with the home products.

You are using the Small Business product and there is no support given here. As per the Gold Support agreement all service is as per the sticky I gave on that other thread.

We only handle the Home & Enterprise products on this board.

You need to contact Small Business Support.

The USER GUIDE sets out how Gold Support customers can obtain help.

24/7 year-round support is available through the Service Portal and the phone lines.

Check the above .pdf to make sure you are going to the right place for your support.

If you don't have Adobe Reader installed, get the latest version from Abobe
SteveContris
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Well, that is unfortunate. I think this product would benefit from a public forum. There are some serious issues with the interface, operation, and documentation of the online Security Center in particular. I wonder why McAfee leaves this product out of the exposure of the public forums?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Because we have too many products to cope here with as it is. Actually it has better support than we can provide here. Not only its own database but telephone support, which is more than we offer here (without charging that is).
SteveContris
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I understand that it would take some resources to support yet another forum topic, but as I mentioned, the Total Protection Security could benefit from a forum. I have spoken with the phone support on several occasions and they have been mostly helpful but when presented with shortcomings of the product they can only offer "sorry but that is how it works" With a forum there would be a way for common complaints to be addressed. As it is, I doubt some of these things will get fixed.

Also, I would suspect that it would cost McAfee less in the long run as there would be less need for costly phone support. Many issues can be solved by searching through the forums.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Well, as none of us know anything about the product, support would be extremely sparse here.

Sheer volume would prevent this board from functioning as it's oversized now with Enterprise and Home products lumped in together.

Perhaps a seperate forum could be created to house Small Buriness and Enterprise together? Who knows, it's not up to us to suggest these things as unpaid volunteers.

Anyway, I wish I could help, sorry I can't.

Good luck.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community