Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieli
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

Save/Export IP Address List under the Connections Tab

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have build a long list of  IP addresses that I trust or banned. When I upgraded from Security Center 9 to Security Center 10, the banned IP address list was lost in the process.

How do I save or export the IP addresses listed under the Connections Tab, so that will not happen again?

Kind regards,

Daniel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Re: Save/Export IP Address List under the Connections Tab

Jump to solution

You can't save them but as far as I know under the Connections tab there should only be 1 perhaps 2 IP addresses and they are placed there automatically by McAfee in any case and you shouldn't be playing with that.

Any such list would have to be composed and saved in an other format, .txt in Notepad, or in Word or similar to be preserved.

For more information click Help, then go to McAfee Personal Firewall, Managing PC Connections.

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/08/10 8:36:19 EDT AM

View solution in original post

11 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

You can't save them but as far as I know under the Connections tab there should only be 1 perhaps 2 IP addresses and they are placed there automatically by McAfee in any case and you shouldn't be playing with that.

Any such list would have to be composed and saved in an other format, .txt in Notepad, or in Word or similar to be preserved.

For more information click Help, then go to McAfee Personal Firewall, Managing PC Connections.

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/08/10 8:36:19 EDT AM
danieli
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer.

It is a pity I cannot save such list to a text file. The problem is that if I have 50+ IPs in a list, it will take me a while to enter them.

A feature to load up a list in a CSV format, for example, would be more helpful.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Agreed and we have asked many times for that ability to be introduced.  Thus far we've been ignored but will persist.

lixiao
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

You can always backup C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MPF\mpf.dat and restore it in case you re-installed the product or settings got corrupted for whatever reason.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

lixiao, no one up until now has told us that is possible, thanks for posting it.  Would access protection need to be turned off in order to do that?  (Navigation > General Settings and Alerts)

lixiao
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Yes, Access Protection needs to be disabled temporarily when restoring the file. This was only available until Firewall version 11 and above, and all those versions will keep compatibility for this file.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

By the way, the above mentioned path exists in Vista and Windows 7 only.   I don't have an XP machine handy to play with - what would that path be in XP?

(So any readers here with XP can benefit from this).

lixiao
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

That would be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Mcafee\MPF\mpf.dat on Windows XP.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community