Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billclark22
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Ports needed for network printing with LiveSafe v16.0.1

Jump to solution

A friend is using McAfee LiveSave v16.0.1 on her Windows 10 PC.  Just last week she lost the ability to print to her networked printers (wired, not wireless).  After some playing around, I turned off the McAfee Personal Firewall v17.1 and printing was working again.  So my question is this, what ports and/or program exceptions do I need to make within her McAfee firewall to allow network printing?  She has the following McAfee product(s):

McAfee LiveSafe v16.0.1

McAfee Security Center 16.1 (Build 16.1.160)

McAfee Personal Firewall 17.1 (Build 17.1.147)

Thanks.

Bill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
billclark22
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Re: Ports needed for network printing with LiveSafe v16.0.1

Jump to solution

Still nothing like "Program Permissions".  I get the following options:

I trolled through the "Ports and System Services" and finally found the Windows Print Spooler and for some reason it was set to "blocked".  I changed that setting and now test prints are going through.  Must say, horrible interface to this, especially as there are over 100 items in the services menu and you just have to scroll down 4 at a time.  Thanks for the help CatDaddy!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Double-click the McAfee security software "M" icon in your system tray to launch the software configuration window. Click "Firewall," then click "Settings" to open the Firewall configuration window. Click to select "Program Permissions" from the list. Click to select your printer icon, then click the "Allow" button.

Personal Firewall

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Discussion successfully moved from LiveSafe to Personal Firewall

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
billclark22
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

I don't see the options you have listed.  Here is a screenshot of what comes up when I double click the McAfee icon in the tray.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Then (Right Click) the McAfee Icon in the lower task tray, hover over 'Change Settings' then select Firewall and follow the directions above.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
billclark22
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Still nothing like "Program Permissions".  I get the following options:

I trolled through the "Ports and System Services" and finally found the Windows Print Spooler and for some reason it was set to "blocked".  I changed that setting and now test prints are going through.  Must say, horrible interface to this, especially as there are over 100 items in the services menu and you just have to scroll down 4 at a time.  Thanks for the help CatDaddy!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Bill

Glad that you got it sorted out

Regards

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community