Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Void_Shark
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Port Closing

Hello,

I opened this thread because i've got a problem following me since 6 years under different "forms" even if i solved all of these forms until now.
the result of this problem is that i can't make public-accessed servers on any program, Internet database, game... I can create it, but no one can access it.

After leading my own investigation, i deducted that McAfee closed by Port, using a website, that checks out if my port's open.
I did all i could with the Network Pannel, i really tryed everything, trust me.

Investigation global report:
-the computer was without McAfee, i checked Via the Website if the port is open, it was
-Right After i installed McAfee i re-checked my port, it was closed.
-I Uninstalled McAfee, it's still Closed !
Conclusion: McAfee left it's (((MESS))) on my computer instead of reseting everything by default.:mad:

My port forwarding (router/wifi management page) is managed by a internet webpage provided by my internet operator(Free).

Have you any solution to open my port ?

I apologize for my english, i'm french.
Thanks for your Comprehention and coopération.
1 Reply
mrepuski
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Port Forwarding Issues

After installing McAfee Personal Firewall I expect that all ports are now closed to untrusted networks.
This is expect behavior for any firewall, preventing access from unknown systems is one of there primary functions.

Why you can't connect after uninstall the firewall I am not sure. As you say this is an ongoing issue for the past 6 years may indicate that other issues with your system could be interfering with network access.
You may want to check the health of the system.

With respect to your question about forwarding traffic from external sources to your PC.

Without a network model I will have to make some assumptions.
Please correct any mistakes

- Internet - WIFI Router - McAfee Firewall - System

As you suggested to allow an external request you must first direct the traffic from the router to the system
It sounds like you have this configuration under control

Next you need to open the ports on McAfee's Personal Firewall.
This is accomplished by creating a system service port under the firewall settings

As I am on a MAC I will attempt recall the steps forgive me if I miss one.

Open the security center and select Internet and Network
Under Internet and Network click configure
On the lest side in the configuration options select system service ports
Depending on the application / ports you wish to allow through the firewall will change the next steps

There are a few well know port rules setup for know applications.
If you find the port rule you need in the list select it. If you can't find an appropriate rule you will have to add a new rule.

Once you setup your rule and save it reboot the system.
To test if a port is open I normally use telnet from an external system.

Let me know how you make out.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community