Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

PORTS AND SYSTEM SERVICES

Hey, Everyone.

I'm having an issue with the Firewall Settings, specifically the Ports and System Services... no ports or services are displayed in the field! They were present last week when I checked my McAfee Total Protection settings and logs but this week they are missing!

I ran the McAfee Virtual Technician, other than the missing desktop shortcut, it found two incorrect registry values. I instructed the program to fix the registry values, it {supposedly} complied. I restarted my computer but the Ports and System Services are still empty!

I wonder if this is related to the other two issues: 1) McAfee's Home Network Defense is still fouling up the IP Addresses of the devices on my network even as it is failing to recognize trusted devices or their protection status. 2) The History and Logs - Content Update has a notation declaring McAfee Anti-Spam has failed to download the latest filtering content.

3 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: PORTS AND SYSTEM SERVICES

Hello wetfmore2,

Please let us know the below details ;

What Operating system ?

What version of Internet explorer ?

McAfee Security Center Build :

Aff id :

Did you purchase an Online/Retail version of McAfee or is it subscribed through your ISP ?

Thanks,

Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Greetings, Jai.

The issue seemed to have resolved itself but I never rec'd notice of your reply... so, just for fun:

Windows 7 Home

IE 9 [or 10] ... {whatever the latest is}

McAfee {whatever was loaded with the auto updates last April and May} ... {currently having another issue; so, no McAfee build at all}

I don't know recognize the designation "Aff id" .

I purchased my McAfee Total Protection from McAfee.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

There is no point continuing with this thread as you don't even have the software installed accordingto your most recent thread, so locking this one.

Your new thread is where to continue. https://community.mcafee.com/thread/52460?tstart=0

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community