Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lyndy
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New update?

Jump to solution

I'm one off the many people who lost ability to access the internet last weekend following the McAfee update. I won't bore you with all that I had to go through and how many hours it took, but today I'm getting a pop-up that I need to restart my computer to get the latest update. After last weekends fiasco, I'm reluctant to do the restart as I'm concerned that it's the same update that took place last weekend. Has that update been pulled so it won't install and create the same problem? I tried to go to the Security Center to see if it would tell me what this update is, but it wouldn't allow me access and just gave me another pop-up that I need to restart. My secondary concern is that after uninstalling and reinstalling per the workaround instructions, McAfee now appears to think I have their program installed on two computers which is not the case. I have just the one computer and worry that if I have to do another reinstall, McAfee will tell me that I have the program installed on too many computers and will require me to repurchase. This happened to me with Norton which is why I'm no longer their customer. I appreciate any input.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: New update?

Jump to solution

I got that earlier too, rebooted and all is OK.

By the way that issue can be fixed with the latest version of Virtual Techniciasn avaiilable here:  htttp://mvt.mcafee.com/

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I got that earlier too, rebooted and all is OK.

By the way that issue can be fixed with the latest version of Virtual Techniciasn avaiilable here:  htttp://mvt.mcafee.com/

lyndy
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I went ahead and followed your advice and rebooted and ran the MVT and it gave me one problem it couldn't fix. Problem: Content Issue. Not sure what that  means but things seem to be running okay.

Thanks for the reply!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

The last time I ran it it gave that one too, but it seems to have worked so I ignored it.   Glad you are OK.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Sometimes MVT needs to be run twice to fix the problems completely. I got Content Issue the first time it ran (and other reported issues besides) but everything came up clean after the second run.

lyndy
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

You're right! I ran it a second time and this time there were no problem issues.

Thanks for your assistance!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community