Did you mean: 
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 23

New Updated MVT problem

Jump to solution

MVT was updated to version 5.5.1.0 and my session id# is 24580161

The message after MVT was run displays  Virus Scan - 3-User McAfee Internet Security 14.0.306  Problem: Language is not supported

Personal Firewall- 3 User McAfee Internet Security 11.0.378 Problem: Missing files(1) c:\program files\mcafee\mpf\mpfsbt.inf

McAfee Online Backup powered by Mozy 2.0.234.0  Problem: Language is not supported

Prior to posting this I did a uninstall and MCPR before I redownloaded and installed the software. MVT had a problem a few weeks ago and Ex Brit looked into it and got the issue fixed when the weekly conference call took place. I did not contact technical support chat yet regarding this issue.

Message was edited by: k3tg on 3/4/10 6:47:44 PM CST
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LakshmiSrinivas
Contributor III
Message 20 of 23

Re: New Updated MVT problem

Jump to solution

The issue is fixed.  Please run MVT once again and it should display 'No problems found'.

Thanks.

Lakshmi

QA Lead

View solution in original post

22 Replies
BigJ
Former Member
Message 2 of 23

Jump to solution

k3tg wrote:

MVT was updated to version 5.5.1.0 and my session id# is 24580161

The message after MVT was run displays  Virus Scan - 3-User McAfee Internet Security 14.0.306  Problem: Language is not supported

Personal Firewall- 3 User McAfee Internet Security 11.0.378 Problem: Missing files(1) c:\program files\mcafee\mpf\mpfsbt.inf

McAfee Online Backup powered by Mozy 2.0.234.0  Problem: Language is not supported

Prior to posting this I did a uninstall and MCPR before I redownloaded and installed the software. MVT had a problem a few weeks ago and Ex Brit looked into it and got the issue fixed when the weekly conference call took place. I did not contact technical support chat yet regarding this issue.

Message was edited by: k3tg on 3/4/10 6:47:44 PM CST

Exact same 3 problems shown here after running  the new version MVT. But looking at the results I think it only shows missing file in personal firewall which they had corrected in previous version. My session id::24584069. In previous version no problems found so what is McAfee up to now with this new version?

Jerry

PS that file was removed in previous version so why was it added back in new version? Seems it takes McAfee forever to get things right anymore. But what is up with the so called language problems now?

Message was edited by: BigJ on 3/5/10 2:13:25 AM CST

Message was edited by: BigJ on 3/5/10 2:14:18 AM CST

Message was edited by: BigJ on 3/5/10 2:17:25 AM CST
BigJ
Former Member
Message 3 of 23

Jump to solution

Isn't there anyone else besides us 2 that have downloaded 5.5.1.0 NEW VERSION MVT and found there is a problem with it? Thought someone else would acknowlege the problem by now!

Jerry

PS sure you will have to restart your computer but you will find same problem if you have 2010 version of McAfee.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Jump to solution

I have not heard from anyone on this issue yet. When I looked at the diagnostic details of the MVT session yesterday, it only reported about the missing program file. My original post explained as did your reply what we saw when MVT had finished running. Hope to hear from someone on the support team soon.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Re: New Updated MVT problem chat session 484570-467643235

Jump to solution

Tech Support Chat session 484570-467643235

Tech Support informs me MVT has not been updated to clear the missing file even though the version has been updated. I forgot to print out and save the actual chat.

Chat remote connected my computer and checked type of operating system, internet explorer version, etc. Performed an update check for dat files even though one was done about an hour earlier.

Message was edited by: k3tg on 3/5/10 9:27:48 PM CST
IM20
Former Member
Message 6 of 23

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Yesterday I installed MVT 5.5.1.0 and it reports

• one missing file in the firewall (c:\program files\mcafee\mpf\mpfsbt.inf).
  • Also 3 issues with not supported languages (virusscan, siteadvisor, online backup)

Session ID is 24599222

My operating system is Windows Vista (service pack 2.0) with Internet Explorer 8.0

McAfee personal firewall 11.0.378

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting this info.

tree
Former Member
Message 8 of 23

Jump to solution

my computer has lost all icons and when try to use mcafee scan it will not eve open what do ido???

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Jump to solution

You will need to start your own thread about the issue that you are having.

BigJ
Former Member
Message 10 of 23

Jump to solution

BigJ wrote:

Isn't there anyone else besides us 2 that have downloaded 5.5.1.0 NEW VERSION MVT and found there is a problem with it? Thought someone else would acknowlege the problem by now!

Jerry

PS sure you will have to restart your computer but you will find same problem if you have 2010 version of McAfee.

Update just ran MVT and this problem still persists. Why does McAfee update the Virtual Techniciann without checking if correct information is in the new update?????

Jerry

PS there quality control sure is lacking!!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community