Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Re: Net Guard blocking a "minimal risk" rated site

Jump to solution

The site is not blocked for me either, however if I enter the IP address directly I get a message which says "Please come back later". What this means I have no idea. Could be the server is undergoing maintenance, the website from that server could be mirrored.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 25

Jump to solution

Strange.

amererodent
Former Member
Message 24 of 25

Jump to solution

The site's working for me. I'm surprised at the e-mail issue as it seems an unlikely site for spam - it's an online free-to-read fiction magazine, not selling anything or even hosting ads. It's always seemed reputable, and the fiction's good quality imho. Unless someone was misusing their server or they'd had a spammy infection I'd put it as a false positive.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 25 of 25

Jump to solution

The website you are talking about is only one of many on a server whose IP address was being blocked by Netguard. Some other domain on that server is presumably responsible for the blacklisting. And the classification is "spam or spam URLs" - so someone could be spamming to promote one of the websites n the server (I see it all the time. Site owners think they're being clever. They're not, because if a site's URL crops up in a large number of emails classed as spam then that site gets flagged as suspect).

So your site may well be perfectly okay, but the server it sits on also has one or more dodgy sites whose owners go overboard on cheapskate advertising. It's a server thing not your website.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community