Did you mean: 
amererodent
Former Member
Message 1 of 25

Net Guard blocking a "minimal risk" rated site

Jump to solution

Hi. I'm having trouble with Net Guard blocking a site I often visit:

Beneath Ceaseless Skies - Issue #224

The site's ip address is appearing in my Livesafe Net Guard's list of blocked addresses, but Web Advisor's not marking it in search results. The site is "minimal risk" in McAfee's database, according to trustedsource.org.

Is there any way I can find out what's happening? I don't know if I should be contacting McAfee or the site owners over this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amererodent
Former Member
Message 12 of 25

Re: Net Guard blocking a "minimal risk" rated site

Jump to solution

Thanks folks. In the end I deleted the site from Netguard's blocked list in my firewall settings and it's remained unblocked since then. How Netguard got the idea to block the site in the first place I've no idea - it clearly had nothing to do with the site's reputation.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 25

Jump to solution

Actually I accessed it with no problem? You could try temporarily opening your McAfee UI and go to your Firewall settings and temporarily Turn Off Netguard and see if it is still blocked.

You could of course contact Technical Support and explain your issues https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 25

Jump to solution

Successfully moved from McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor) to Personal Firewall  > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
amererodent
Former Member
Message 4 of 25

Jump to solution

Thanks, but the siteadvisor rating's not the problem. The site doesn't have a bad rating, it's "minimal risk" in the database as mentioned above and it's not being flagged by WebAdvisor. It's being blocked by Net Guard in my firewall despite being listed as safe.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 25

Jump to solution

I'm not seeing that website blocked.  In Firefox 53.0 64-bit.

Try opening Firewall and click the Restore Defaults button and then Apply.

Reboot try the website again.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 25

Jump to solution

As both ExBrit and I stated,we are having no issue accessing the Site? Please try our suggestions.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sutieday
Former Member
Message 7 of 25

Jump to solution

I can confirm that the website is blocked on my Google Chrome 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit) Windows 7 machine. The Net Guard popup sent me to this address for more info: 184.106.55.83 - IP - McAfee Labs Threat Center

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 25

Jump to solution

Interesting as Firefox 53 64-bit does not block.

https://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=http://www.beneath-ceaseless-skies....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 25

Jump to solution

Same here Webadvisor as OP says fine I have netguard enabled but does not pick up the site's IP. Is it only on your PC? haven't seen a netguard IP show up in years.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 25

Jump to solution

PK has brought this up as a Topic of Discussion on our weekly call.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community