cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris5
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Need help with firewall possibly blocking an online program from running.

Jump to solution

Ok, I go to a website, Ratemydrawings.com that as a built in drawing program that I use ALL the time.

But since I got my windows 8 computer, I haven't been able to use it because an error comes up.

Alright, so this comes up first as it's loading.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x133/Arctic_Penguin/BBlocked_zps078d72a1.png

Then I close that, and the red writing in the corner comes up. so I click that and this comes up.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x133/Arctic_Penguin/chibipaint_zpseccd4a7d.png

I realize it's my security settings preventing it from coming up. But how do I fix it? I DON'T have any form of parental control using the McAfee security system currently on. So why is this happening?

Help would be much appreciated, I want to start drawing again

Message was edited by: kris5 on 2/20/14 4:15:30 PM CST

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/02/14 7:02:09 EST PM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 9

Re: Need help with firewall possibly blocking an online program from running.

Jump to solution

could be

from yahoo answers 
I tried every fix on these pages and nothing like updating java worked. I went into the java applet's own security settings and lowered the security settings to medium and now everything works. If you have good virus and malware protection you should be fine with a lowered java security scheme.

or reset firewall to defaults and ensure the firewall allows java access to the net.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

I amended your post to include the images.  You can only upload images using the camera symbol, not by inserting code.

Those don't look like McAfee popups to me.  Do you have your browser set to higher than default security ?  Or maybe that's Java itself warning you.

It might be best if you contacted Technical Support directly, as they can troubleshoot this sort of thing.

It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/02/14 7:09:12 EST PM
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

could be

from yahoo answers 
I tried every fix on these pages and nothing like updating java worked. I went into the java applet's own security settings and lowered the security settings to medium and now everything works. If you have good virus and malware protection you should be fine with a lowered java security scheme.

or reset firewall to defaults and ensure the firewall allows java access to the net.
kris5
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

This worked! I didn't realize it coud be so simple! Java security was up too high!

Thank you very much!

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank google  Hope everything goes ok

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Read the thread out of curiosity and turns out I have been having a similar problem with a couple of sites that use Java. set security to medium and all is well. The sites are trusted ones.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Glad it helped you as well mate

I suppose it might be possible to leave on High and edit the exception site listin the java security tab  to include the site above. Does that work as well that way you can keep the high security level.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/02/14 8:04:29 PM
jmckee
Contributor III
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Just tried that and it worked fine. Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

That is better the high security setting can therefore stay. Mine is set on high and have no issues with normal surfing.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community