cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leet21
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

My action center says McAfee firewall is on, but is it? Issues with security center.

Hello all, and thank you for taking time to view my question. To begin with I recently had an issue with malware.

I have removed it.

My windows security center was not working(the virus had removed the registry)

But I fixed that too.

So now I'm at this odd little point in time where, when I open my windows security center it tells me that McAfee firewall is protecting me, and when I open McAfee Security center I am also informed that the firewall is on. However, When I click on settings for the firewall, I am told that the firewall is OFF. SO, I proceeded to "turn on" McAfee Firewall. It quickly turns itsself back off. Oddly enough, the action center still says its ON, and the Security center still says its ON.

I've ran MVT (McAfee Virtual Technician). It has solved a registry error as well as another thing.  ---But has left me with something it can not fix.

X Problem: Service(s) not running(1).  This service is under the category of "Personal Firewall-McAfee security center 12.0.345."

So then, what is with this conflict between my firewall being on and off.

Is it really on?

Is it pretending to be on?

What should I do to resolve this issue.

additional info: I have uninstalled mcafee once, using the removal tool, then reinstalled it... to no avail.

Thank you for any support.

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: My action center says McAfee firewall is on, but is it? Issues with security center.

Hi leet21,

The infection that was removed off the PC , messed up with the Windows Firewall components , that caused McAfee firewall to be turned OFF.  Our techs have seen issues as such where they would manually check for any leftover infections on the PC and get that removed that should do it. Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and then click on Technical support so as a support technician would help you get it fixed .

Regards,

tripodzid
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: My action center says McAfee firewall is on, but is it? Issues with security center.

I would say that all programs have glitches that we tend to ignore until it makes a big mess that is really quite annoying, but anyway, thanks a lot for clearing it out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community