cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 15

Re: My Win 10 PC loses network connection. Disabling Firewall allows it to work. How can I get McAfee to not interfere with my network?

Jump to solution

If you choose to use System Restore, you may have to check your Windows updates/Update your McAfee Virus Scan (Engine Versions) and check for any other add-on or program that may be effected by restoring back to a earlier point in time.

Should you need further assistance I am certain my Colleague PeaceKeeper will pick up this thread. I apologise however I must call it a day. As I have been online since 4:30am (EST) this morning.

Wishing you all the BEST

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_14892
Contributor II
Message 12 of 15

Re: My Win 10 PC loses network connection. Disabling Firewall allows it to work. How can I get McAfee to not interfere with my network?

Jump to solution

Well, thank goodness for System Restore.  It says it did not complete correctly, but it looks like it did.

To be safe, I took Malwarebytes out of quarantine first.

No way to back out Adwclean changes that I could find.

Never again will I use those.

I have my apps and customizations back.

I have restarted McAfee, and it comes up now.  I went ahead and turned the firewall back on.  We'll see what happens.

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

Sounds as if your PC was infected. Try getsusp from

put your email in the preferences and see what it finds. Anything it finds is sent to Mcafee and new detections added to the engine updates.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

Glad that you seemingly are back to normal. Please make sure everything is updated and current. After monitoring your system, let us know if it is indeed resolved.

Thank you

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

Locking this discussion as it has been 'Correctly Answered'.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community