cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_va_usa
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

Meaning of McAfee blocked IP Address: 208.75.122.11 Program Microsoft Outlook?

I just got a message pop up that "McAfee has blocked your PC from making a risky connection"  - It says it is for IP Address: 208.75.122.11  Program Microsoft Outlook

Now I am running Microsoft Outlook 2013, and per my McAfee settings Net Guard is already on.

Does this mean that Microsoft Outlook client is being blocked, or does it mean something else? 

Apparently this IP address is for Constant Contact, Inc.

How would the block become initiated? Is the block for something from an email message in Outlook I opened, or is it broader than that?

2 Replies
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Meaning of McAfee blocked IP Address: 208.75.122.11 Program Microsoft Outlook?

It means that connections to 208.75.122.11  are blocked. Outlook is not generally blocked, only that IP.

We don't know specifically what initiated the connection - my guess was it was a message, perhaps an embedded image? It was something within Outlook though, so I would assume some active content within a message you opened or previewed.

That IP is flagged as high risk.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Meaning of McAfee blocked IP Address: 208.75.122.11 Program Microsoft Outlook?

I got the same popup using Firefox and I see that the page is labelled risky by the Labs so it's blocked from any browser and here's the page report: 208.75.122.11 - IP - McAfee Labs Threat Center

See "Next Steps" pop-out at the right side.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community