cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkamond
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mcafee keeps cutting off my Wi-fi internet at certain times.

Hello, I am having ANOTHER problem with Mcafee. First off my problem is that around 7:00 PM Central Standard time Mcafee cuts off my internet but my internet keeps saying it is connected to a "Public Connection" even though normally it is a home connection. To solve this I normally turn off the Mcafee firewall and huzah it works again! But it keeps doing it....  No clue why but I always seem to have problems with Mcafee. But I think its just me that always has these problems.... Comp gets to 70C while playing crysis... Video Enhancer loves to crash and bluescreens at random! (those three are not caused by Mcafee thankfully)  BUT ANYWAYS before I confuse you I would like to know if anybody else has this same problem. I hard resetted my router and it is still doing it. No other comp connected in my household is experiencing this problem. And I have diagnosed it as Mcafee's doing because of the firewall. I have checked the Program permissions and things and nothing is set to block that shouldnt be. Its normally I get disconnect at 7:00 PM or so. Thanks. looking forward to an answer or a future update to fix this.

4 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mcafee keeps cutting off my Wi-fi internet at certain times.

We haven't noticed any such instance with McAfee Firewall yet. However, could you please clarify the following:

1.    Do you have any other security software installed in your computer?

2.    What is the version of McAfee programs?

3.    What is your operating system?

4.    What type of internet connection you are using, are you connected through Wired or Wireless, if it’s connected through Wireless can you check the same with a Wired connection?

Please provide the above information so that it would help us to identify the issue

Arkamond
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

No other security software is present. My connection is Wireless with a Lynksis router. It does not do it to any other computer in my household except for this one.  My Mcafee build is the latest stable release. (No clue where to find real info.) OS is win 7 home premium.

It is only my comp that is having this problem as I stated above.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Sounds like there are some issues with the LinkSys router itself, please check these links...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090430134842AAhWCbH

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100207104309AAKzg4q

TayTay
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

This may or may not help, but I ran into a similar issue.  I was using my computer and everything was fine and then I suddenly did not have internet.  I reconnected to WiFi and it said connected. I then tried to enable my VPN and it kicked me off the internet.  I disabled my VPN and it said I was connected to WiFi again; however, when I tried to open a browser page it would not load.

I started checking settings and found that my DHCP for WiFi was not enabled.  I enabled DHCP for WiFi, reconnected to WiFi and reconnected my VPN.  Everything seems to be working again.  I did not have this issue until I got McAfee Total Protection the other day; therefore, I surmise that McAfee caused the issue.  I do not know why or how to prevent this from happening, but maybe this fix will work for others.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community