Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hector5152
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Mcafee Support problems with firewall

Jump to solution

I just reset the data on my computer and completely wiped it clean. When I opened it back up and attempted to enter microsoft edge, it would take a long time to load and after a few seconds it would end up displaying a message telling me that the firewall was blocking it. When I went onto windows defender firewall it just says "these settings are being managed by vendor application McAfee Personal Firewall." When I tried to open the McAfee app the cursor would load for a bit but then nothing would happen.

My internet is also working fine. I am able to open the microsoft store and see everything there.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcafee Support problems with firewall

Jump to solution

Hello @Hector5152 

McAfee program would have been corrupted. We kindly request you to reinstall McAfee and check. Please follow the Articles below to uninstall and reinstall McAfee,   

Uninstall
How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

Reinstall
How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Post reinstalling, please check if everything works as expected and also let us know the outcome.

Below are some of the Articles related to McAfee Firewall,

Common questions about McAfee Firewall

How to stop McAfee on Windows from blocking apps and devices

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcafee Support problems with firewall

Jump to solution

Hello @Hector5152 

McAfee program would have been corrupted. We kindly request you to reinstall McAfee and check. Please follow the Articles below to uninstall and reinstall McAfee,   

Uninstall
How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

Reinstall
How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Post reinstalling, please check if everything works as expected and also let us know the outcome.

Below are some of the Articles related to McAfee Firewall,

Common questions about McAfee Firewall

How to stop McAfee on Windows from blocking apps and devices

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community