cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 41 of 199

Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

This needs support to look into it best to call them and if you are not successful ask for an escalation

Services and Support for Home and Office

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 42 of 199

Jump to solution

I have not heard anything concerning a resolution of this issue.  Just this evening my wife was using Firefox.  She shut the window when she was done.  Not 30 seconds later I opened Firefox and could not connect.  The tab just showed 'Connecting' on top with a spinning loading circle.  I opened IE and the same thing, could not connect.  I opened McAfee, shut off Firewall and now I am connected to write this.

Here is the information I originally got concerning this from McAfee

We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference.

-    Order #:

-    Service Request #: 1724109073

-    Created Date: 04/23/2015 14:18:45

It has been weeks since my original post and still no solution in sight.  It also seems that no one is currently working on this or is contacting me to see if this is still happening.

I have used McAfee exclusively for over a decade now, and at this point it looks like next year I will be looking into another product.  I would have expected better than this to help fix this problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 43 of 199

Jump to solution

Did you ask for an escalation as I suggested?

I will ping the forum Tech Selvan who posted 1 page back to look at the job info and help you. He is on staggered hours so it might be a day of so.

To get fast fixes the issue has to be seen on more than a few user's PC's so small samples can take time to fix.

I assume your Mcafee is on 14.0.1040 or similiar not on 13.6.

user_30293
Former Member
Message 44 of 199

Jump to solution

As you will see earlier in this thread, I too have this problem like xboxerj does.  I am on McAfee 14.0.1029 currently, and since I first posted, this problem persists.  IE 11 (or Firefox) will freeze randomly and then I have to turn off the personal firewall (which immediately unfreezes IE), then I can turn the firewall back on and continue browsing.  So please add me to the list of user PC's that are seeing this behavior.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 45 of 199

Jump to solution

davidv. wrote:

As you will see earlier in this thread, I too have this problem like xboxerj does.  I am on McAfee 14.0.1029 currently, and since I first posted, this problem persists.  IE 11 (or Firefox) will freeze randomly and then I have to turn off the personal firewall (which immediately unfreezes IE), then I can turn the firewall back on and continue browsing.  So please add me to the list of user PC's that are seeing this behavior.

As we are consumers like yourself and not seeing this issue ourselves, it's best to open a case with Technical Support and if at first they can't cure it, ask for escalation.

It's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 46 of 199

Jump to solution

My Mcafee is currently showing at 14.0.1029.

Thanks for responding, and I'll wait to hear back from Selvan.  If I don't hear back in a few days I'll post back on here, or if I do I'll let everyone know what is happening.  Thanks again, Peacekeeper.

john118
Contributor II
Message 47 of 199

Jump to solution

I am also having this exact issue for about the last month and it is driving me to insanity.  I've also tried all the proposed fixes, this is obviously a bug brought on by one of the updates. I'll be glad to hear what you find out.

McAfee Personal Firewall

Version:15.0

Build: 15.0.188

Last Update: 5/20/2015

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 48 of 199

Jump to solution

I suggest opening a case with Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 49 of 199

Jump to solution

This is now getting ridiculous.  Multiple times today I have had to watch my browser freeze, and the only way to go online is to open up Total Protection and turn off the firewall.  Then, I need to go turn it on in a few minutes and hope it lets me keep browsing.  Then wash rinse and repeat in a little while.  I can't believe this is happening again.  Today is the worst it has ever been.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 50 of 199

Re: Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

Hi

Am with Support and would like to gather information from your PC to proceed further on this issue. Any other Volunteers facing the same issue also can provide logs from your PC. To setup a Support Session send me a Private Message after adding as a friend.

am following you already

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community