Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmcmanus54
Former Member
Message 181 of 199

Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

Another user with this problem on 3 Win7 x64 computers but with no other devices attached to my router. Exact same symptoms for several weeks now, never before. Latest version of McAfee. Different software on all 3 computers, one of which is running in Spanish. All three scanned clean with multiple products. I would say, with all due respect, and as indicated by others, that the number who call support (I don't even know the number, and will switch products before considering being on hold for a $70 product) or post replies to this post (requires finding it and setting up an account) versus the many others of us simply searching the Internet for answers should speak for itself. This is a real problem. In the past I have turned off the firewall, reset to defaults, restarted the firewall, and immediately had access again. A pain, but it works. I'm now trying the alternative of turning off Netguard. I will follow this post and update if I find anything more promising. I hope everyone else does as well.

Peacekeeper
Message 182 of 199

Jump to solution

Netguard fix or rather temp workaround should work. As posted by Markm and Selvan here who are McAfee techs MCafee is after users willing to allow McAfee to get logs from their PCs. Once this is done things can start moving.

danteagi
Former Member
Message 183 of 199

Jump to solution

Allow me to add to those "6" people out of a million with a problem.  I've looked for this forum back in May back when I was having the problem then and had no luck. I've went through all the steps with a tech and they had me reinstall which did nothing and then they proceeded to tell me it's my service provider Mediacom causing issues with the firewall.  Shutting down netgear is not acceptable to me.  Here I am for 3 months now with my firewall down getting the run around each time I contact you guys for help.  The very least McAfee could do is acknowledge a problem and shoot out an e-mail apology to those customers that are affected and tell us that you're looking into it.  I can tell you one thing, if this continues on for another month I'll look into another antivirus after my sub is up. I've paid for a year and so far have only received maybe a month of protection before I started having issues. 

Peacekeeper
Message 184 of 199

Jump to solution

We mods keep stirring Mcafee I will see what is going would you be interested in letting Mcafee get logs from your PC? BTW having netguard off is not as bad as disabling the whole firewall.

I would disable netguard and ensure you have webadvisor.siteadvisor installed that will help make up what you lost disabling netguard.

scept1c
Former Member
Message 185 of 199

Jump to solution

Hello All, I've just joined the forum to add my name to those who have reported having this issue.

I first noticed this problem about a month ago and after getting fed up resetting my wifi or rebooting, I Googled and found this topic. I disabled Netguard as suggested and since then have not had any further comms issues. I would like to be able to re-enable Netguard to maximise my McAfee protection.

I'm disappointed that McAfee Support appear to be taking so long to get it fixed and I'm pretty sure that there are lots of people out there suffering in silence.

Peacekeeper
Message 186 of 199

Jump to solution

I reemailed teh tech who is looking after this issue awaiting reply. Ensure you have siteadvisor/webadvisor active as well that will fill in part of netguard protection

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 187 of 199

Jump to solution

Actually, this is kind of funny.  I had the same problem, and when I shut off Netguard everything was fine.  This happened once I upgraded to Windows 10 but as I state, all was well.  I had to uninstall and reinstall my Mcafee today, and once I was up and running the issue started up.  This time, despite turning off Netguard like before, I am still having these connection issues.

Peacekeeper
Message 188 of 199

Jump to solution

I would not say it was funny frustrating more like it I wish I could repro it that usually speeds things up

john118
Contributor II
Message 189 of 199

Jump to solution

I've been using Windows 10 since the day it was released and I haven't had any issues with connectivity at all with Netguard off.  Before I upgraded to Windows 10 I uninstalled McAfee using the recommended 2 step process.. windows uninstall first then uninstall with Mcafee's removal tool, then a fresh McAfee install after the Windows update.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 190 of 199

Jump to solution

Sorry, when I said funny I meant more funny 'strange' than 'haha'.  I don't want to seem that I was making light of the situation.

I also uninstalled McAfee using the 2 step process, but I did it after I upgraded.  I had issues with Netguard but by turning it off it was fine.  When I had to do a reinstall a second time yesterday that is when it reappeared.  I turned Netguard off again but this time it did not correct the issue.  I would try reinstalling it again but since everything else works fine at this moment with McAfee I am afraid to.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community