Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devrat
Former Member
Message 141 of 199

Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

No bonjour installed on my system either.

justplainjohn
Contributor
Message 142 of 199

Jump to solution

Two days now with Bonjour off and NetGuard on, and not a single blockage. I'm not convinced yet, but hopeful. Could it be that those without Bonjour have some other kind of network discovery service running that conflicts with McAfee (or am I just the lucky one)? I found that mine was installed as part of my printer software, not pre-installed as I thought, but the printer is fine without it.

Peacekeeper
Message 143 of 199

Jump to solution

This why Mcafee wants to log the issue Bonjour was know to be a catalyst for such an issue but the other users not having it seems to imply another cause and the logs should show something.

john118
Contributor II
Message 144 of 199

Jump to solution

The network discovery built in to Windows 7 and 8 use the services:

• DNS Client
  • Function Discovery Resource Publication
  • SSDP Discovery
  • UPnP Device Host

The only one that I have that's set to start automatically is DNS Client, which ironically I figured might have something to do with this right from the beginning. Is yours set up the same?

Peacekeeper
Message 145 of 199

Jump to solution

Mine same as yours no issue

justplainjohn
Contributor
Message 146 of 199

Jump to solution

I have two computers running with:

DNS      started      automatic

FDRP    started      automatic

SSDP    started      manual

UPnP     started      manual

Both have Bonjour installed but disabled, NetGuard on, and no lost connections in three days.

justplainjohn
Contributor
Message 147 of 199

Jump to solution

And now that I posted the above, I just lost my internet connection, same behavior as previously! So I apologize to all for dragging that red herring (it was a fluke) (sorry, but it was fishy). Bonjour service was not the cause, and turning NetGuard back off restored the connection.ARRGH! Sorry again.

pacman
Contributor
Message 148 of 199

Jump to solution

I'm another who has been experiencing this problem for possibly over a month now. I would agree with some of the comments on here that there is probably alot more people affected but they dont realise its a McAfee / Firewall issue. I initially looked at different solutions on different sites but none worked until for whatever reason I decided to chance turning off my Firewall and bingo the issue temporarily resolved itself.  Today I found this thread by sheer luck and persistance in trying to find a permanent fix. For the last three days I have contacted Mcafee Technichal Support on 3 occassions and told them its definitely Firewall related. On each occassion I have allowed them to take control of my laptop and each time they tried a different solution claiming the computer should now be fixed. None deactivated NetGuard. That was as of Tuesday and Wednesday so the technichans are obviously not aware of the issue considering the last comment posted on here was June 24th. Its now July 1st. After finding this thread today I have since deactivated my NetGuard and the issue hasnt returned as of yet.

Peacekeeper
Message 149 of 199

Jump to solution

Recall them and ask for an escalation. I will also ping the forum tech who is looking into this issue

Oh post the job numbers you got for the calls please

pacman
Contributor
Message 150 of 199

Jump to solution

Sure I will escalate.

The Service Request numbers were;

-    Service Request #: 1767710784

-    Created Date: 06/29/2015 09:51:09

-    Service Request #: 1768325318

-    Created Date: 06/30/2015 05:16:26

-    Service Request #: 1768501422

-    Created Date: 06/30/2015 10:15:54

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community