Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 21 of 199

Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

I do not know how to access that or what it is.  If you would explain what to do I will do it immediately.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 22 of 199

Re: Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

1. Open McAfee User Interface

2. At the right bottom corner of the UI you will see "About" link - Click this

3. A new smaller UI window that contains the version details of all McAfee components will Open up

4. Scroll down until you see "McAfee Personal Firewall" and note down the version numbers

5. Post back the numbers in your response

Hope am clear this time

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 23 of 199

Re: Re: Mcafee Firewall is blocking my internet access intermittently...HELP

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding.  The numbers are:

Version 15.0

Build 15.0.169

Last update 4/23/15

user_30293
Former Member
Message 24 of 199

Jump to solution

I believe that I am having the same issue as xboxerj.

Here are my details for McAfee Personal firewall:

Version 15.0

Build 15.0.169

Last update 4/1/2015

McAfee support please help, as this issue happens several times a day on my i7 desktop PC running IE11 or Firefox.  My older XP PC running on older unsupported of IE8 doesn't have this problem, and they are on the same local network.

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 199

Jump to solution

I assume you tried what I suggested in the 1st reply post to the original post? Itis best to try that and the mvt program before calling support

McAfee Virtual Technician

They will probably uninstall the program and reinstall as a first check.

via

How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

I assume you did not or do not have another firewall or AV installed?

user_30293
Former Member
Message 26 of 199

Jump to solution

MVT found no problems, and I do not have any other firewall or Antivirus program on this PC.  Only 2015 McAfee Antivirus Plus is running on this PC.

djfil
Former Member
Message 27 of 199

Jump to solution

when the firewall issue is happening... can you do a ping test to google.ca?  i'm interested in seeing the results.  i have a few customers of mine using mcafee who have similar reports.  thanks.

iatgrnwv
Former Member
Message 28 of 199

Jump to solution

we're using Endpoint Protection Firewall 10.0.0.2087 [SMB] on 20 some odd endpoints here in our main office at the moment.  2 of these endpoints are now behaving in very unexpected ways, where GTI rules are being triggered for pretty much all inbound/outbound traffic except ICMP.

for the OP, i would run a MER on the problem box and pull out the relevant logs from the bundle to see what's happening.  the default log location for your app should be somewhere nested in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\

on the problematic endpoints here, the FirewallEventMonitor.log is showing lots of events with the following rule matches:

Matched Rule:  Block All Traffic

Matched Rule:  GTI Rule - TCP - Out

Matched Rule:  GTI Rule - UDP - Out

i have an outstanding open case, and created a container in ePO cloud with an applied policy to disable FW on these until we have some resolution.  while not ideal, it's the only way to not interfere with them getting their jobs done while the troubleshooting is being performed.

user_30293
Former Member
Message 29 of 199

Jump to solution

It just occurred awhile ago (IE froze).  I did a ping of google.ca from the command prompt and nothing happened, but I left the command prompt window open.  After about 4 minutes, IE was functional again and I noticed that the ping had completed.  The first ping failed with a timeout, and the remaining 3 pings were successful.  So in summary:  4 sent, 3 received, and 1 lost.  I hope that McAfee can figure out what is wrong here.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 199

Jump to solution

While I can appreciate your comments/advice. Your suggestions  leaves me to believe you are using a Corporate Product, opposed to the original poster. Whom is using the Consumer Version if I am not terribly mistaken?

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

(Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community