Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
potatoisagender
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee firewall not letting apps through

Hi support,

I was trying to get the Mozilla Firefox browser to work on my laptop running Windows 10. It won't open normally, only if I run the computer in safe mode. I've tried letting it through the firewall to no avail. I did the steps outlined in the guide for this, and I've tried to turn off the firewall. Nothing works. Am I missing something?

2 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee firewall not letting apps through

Hello @potatoisagender ,

We feel sorry for the inconvenient situation, based on your narration of this issue you are unable to open the Firefox even after turning off the firewall, so it seems that firewall is not blocking it. if you still would like to confirm we would suggest you to try turning off the firewall and Real time scanning and check if issue persists. If you still observe the issue McAfee is not creating the conflict. Kindly check and confirm so that we can take this further.

Regards,
Rajiv S

potatoisagender
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee firewall not letting apps through

Do you have any suggestion as to what else would block FireFox from starting up?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community