cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notenuf
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

McAfee Firewall does not work

I have installed McAfee Internret Security v12.8 (firewall v13.8.712) on Windows 7x64 SP1 and MPF have status "ON" but not actually works, he does not control access to network applications, does not add new applications to the list, it does nothing!

service BFE is RUN/Auto

service Windows Firewall is RUN/Auto

and what to do?

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Firewall does not work

The BFE and Windows Firewall services should be started and running - that is their correct status and is normal.   Windows Firewall itself, however, is disabled by McAfee's own firewall.  That status should be visible in Windows own Security Center (Control Panel > Security).

What do you mean "does not add applications"?

Open McAfee SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Internet Connections for Programs

Wait until it populates - it takes a while to do that

If you need to - click the word Program at the top once the list is populated and it will re-arrange alphabetically.

As long as McAfee SecurityCenter is green and says 'protecting' then you are OK.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/11/13 7:49:48 EST AM
notenuf
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Ex_Brit wrote:

The BFE and Windows Firewall services should be started and running - that is their correct status and is normal.   Windows Firewall itself, however, is disabled by McAfee's own firewall.  That status should be visible in Windows own Security Center (Control Panel > Security).

all so

What do you mean "does not add applications"?

I mean that if you run any application using Internet MPF does not react to it, and does not add to the list of Connections for programs. it means not working MPF1.jpg

here is a list of programs he Unchanged since the installation of the program, no program has been added.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

It doesn't mean it's not working.   The green band at the top of that image tells you the firewall is working.  

I think it would probably be best if you obtained Russian language Technical Support - it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Or here:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/11/13 11:07:07 EST AM
notenuf
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

I tried to install McAfee IS on Windows 8.1and nothing has changed, I thought maybe the reason in PPTP- connection ??

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Could be, best ask Technical Support as I suggested.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Moved thread to Personal Firewall for clarity.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/12/13 7:02:16 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community