cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mydog1
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Internet connection

I connected a Linksys broadband wireless router to my desktop running XP sp3. On my wireless laptop (Dell) I have Vista. On my laptop I can get a full signal but cannot connect to the Internet.
Linksys support said that McAfee most likley has it blocked. We worked on it for a couple of hour's. Reset IP's and other things. How do I connect to the Internet?
7 Replies
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

RE: Internet connection

hi,

what is the version of McAfee that you are using? Click on About button on the lower right corner of the McAfee Security Center.

also, try disabling the Firewall of the McAfee:

- open MSC
- click on Internet and Network, then Configure on the right hand box
- put the bullet on OFF in Firewall Protection is disabled, then try to access the internet...
mydog1
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Internet Connection

We disabled the Firewall and still could not connect. I will get back with the McAfee this evening.
mydog1
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Internet Connection

I have a Vonage box connected to my computer. The Vonage box reset's the DNS numbers. I had to go in and manually put in the DNS numbers. Works GREAT. happy
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

RE: Internet Connection

so, is everything ok now?
mydog1
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Internet Connection

Yes. Everything works.
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

that's great to hear.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Moved to the solved area.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community