cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPM1974
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Incoming network connection blocked from own DNS server 2606:4700:4700::1111

Having an issue where my firewall is continually blocking an "inbound" IP from my own DNS. I have a Cloudflare set up (1.1.1.1) in my DNS settings for my wireless TCP/IP connection settings which I assume is the root of the issue (basic set up here). However, I don't see any clear cut way to let McAfee know that this connection is permissible. I've seen the same issue logged a few times in the community (here most recently) but with no resolve. Anyone have any idea on how to allow this to pass as I can only assume this in an unnecessary task for the firewall to be doing, taking up resources as well as needlessly filling up the security log? Thanks in advance for the help! McAfee Total Protection #Firewall @Former Member 

2 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Incoming network connection blocked from own DNS server 2606:4700:4700::1111

Did you try allowing the connections in mcafee firewall settings?

RPM1974
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Incoming network connection blocked from own DNS server 2606:4700:4700::1111

Not sure that I see it in the settings. When I check it doesn't give me the ability to "allow" it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community