cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafaelcordova
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

In Total Protection....Smart Advice and Advanced Setting, you can select what programs get Internet access , but you can't control it, Why McAffee decide?

Why MaAfee ask this actions, but you can't control it?

You have to control all programs but McAffe crash it

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: In Total Protection....Smart Advice and Advanced Setting, you can select what programs get Internet access , but you can't control it, Why McAffee decide?

Successfully moved from Community Support to Personal Firewall > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Re: In Total Protection....Smart Advice and Advanced Setting, you can select what programs get Internet access , but you can't control it, Why McAffee decide?

I have my *Traffic Controller* set to *Monitored Access*. To further understand your Firewall permissions/settings. Open your McAfee UI/Navigation/Help/Help again/Scroll down to Firewall/Expand. It lists how you can control connections incoming/outgoing etc. It also explains how to use your other features as well.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
rafaelcordova
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

McAffe.png

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

I am fully aware of this? Have you gone to the area I mentioned to better understand the Firewall and all of the features you have? That was my reason for replying.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

The "Ask me to decide" doesn't work for normal Windows processes that are standardized across operating systems.  In other words the Firewall recognizes standard Windows processes and allows them without asking.  It would, however, ask you for permission when you install something it doesn't recognize.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community