Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedrek
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

How to enable apache (www server)?

Hello!

I have McAfee Total Protection, in my package i have McAfee Personal Firewall 10.3.

I try enable my apache server to be allowed to anybody. Apache work on 80 port.
I know the firewall block my server because when I turn off firewall apache works fine.

In Firewall settings I set full access to apache application and in Firewall -> System services I enable: Web server HTTP - port 80, but this still doesn't work properly.

I have hope for help and sorry for my English happy
1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

RE: How to enable apache (www server)?

OK know nothing re apache but have a read of the quote below and see if any of it helps. It might not be your issue but worth a thought

FW has a log, - what does it say? Can he see there that a connection is being refused on port 80?

If he's running a webserver, it will need port 80 (HTTP) open in System Services. If he's also using HTTPS (secured webpages) he will need to open port 443 as well.

In situations like this, I would configure the webserver for another port (say, port 8000), then change the settings in the router to forward port 80 to port 8000, and add port 8000 in System Services in the Firewall - just to test if the firewall WILL allow access through another port.

If he does a portscan, is port 80 (or whatever port he chose to open) show as open?:
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

From another PC on the Internet, what response does he get when he tries a TELNET in a DOS box?:
TELNET <address of webserver> <port being used>

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community