cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jatomac
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

How to Unblock a website

I hope this turns out to be a simple question with a simple answer that I've just overlooked, but how do I undo a blocked website?

I'm using McAfee Security Center ver 10.5

Thanks in advance

15 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: How to Unblock a website

When you say "blocked", is the site being blocked by Parental Controls, or by something else?

jatomac
Former Member
Message 3 of 16

By blocked, I recall a, I think, McAfee window popup that I accidentially clicked "block".

I don't use Parental Controls, and I cannot find anyplace where I can unblock this website.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 16

That sounds like the firewall "program wanting access" window. You've blocked, not a website, but a program. To check, open Security Center, and click on Firewall, then Settings. Click on Program Permissions and scroll through the list looking for anything that's Blocked. Unblock it if it's a mistake.

jatomac
Former Member
Message 5 of 16

And now we are at the crux of the problem....I do not have a "permission" area.

When I go to Firewall settings, the only choice I have is to turn the firewall off or on.....nothing else.

I've read other posts and everyone has said the same thing about permissions, but I don't have any.

Suggestions will be GREATFULLY welcomed.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 6 of 16

Are you using any registry cleaners on the computer like System Mechanic orUniblue?

jatomac
Former Member
Message 7 of 16

Jayadeep.....Yes, I use System Mechanic.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 8 of 16

It seems that system mechanic has removed some McAfee registry files and it’s because there is no more firewall settings on your computer. It will be better to remove system mechanic and re-install McAfee on your computer. I assume your firewall settings shows like below screenshot, right?

Firewall off.jpg

Added screenshot on 15/6/11 6:26:55 AM IST
jatomac
Former Member
Message 9 of 16

Jayadeep.....Yep, you got it.  That is the way it looks.

To reinstall Mcafee, must I first uninstall it?  That seems like such a pain.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 10 of 16

Hi jatomac,

Try turning on the Personal Firewall.

His Prtscrn Snapshot, shows the Firewall is turned OFF.

When the Personal Firewall is turned OFF, you won't have access to any of the settings or Controls for the Personal Firewall.

The Firewall on your System is probably off.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community