cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loreece
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

How do I change firewall setting for McAfee to allow Idrive to make backups

Hi, I installed IDrive this week to make backups of my computer. I received the error message " Check if you have granted the necessary privileges on local firewall settings for it to run correctly."

I did a chat with IDrive and they said to contact McAfee to find out how to give permission to allow it to make the backups.

I went into McAfee settings and did not find a way to do as the IDrive tech suggested.

Appreciate any help or advice on how to allow  McAfee firewall  to allow IDrive to make the backups.

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I change firewall setting for McAfee to allow Idrive to make backups

In firewall and its Internet connections for program section add the exe file for idrive and allow it. It maybe necessary there to also disable netguard but try it first with it enabled

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community